• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loose skin advice

Leesh

Hi,

Just a quick question about loose skin. I can find loads of info about what to expect in terms of loose skin but I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to avoid it or minimize it??? any good products or ideas they think have worked for them?

Thanks,

Leesh x

I did a GP exercise course a couple of years back (4 if I'm truthful) when I first asked for WLS - I was in the process!! - and the advisor there told me that she knew of WLS patients who had no loose skin and exercise could help.

I think it depends on your age, skin condition, size and rate of loss whether its a problem or not.

I've had 2 children by caesarean, weighed 24+st at my heaviest and always had stretch marks..

Look like a wrinkly Michelen man now!! ;)

Some say Bio-oil helps but it hasn't helped me very much either loose skin wise or on some keloid scarring

Good luck

xxx

Hi leesh

I see you are having the same surgeon as me, you will be in safe hands!

As for lose skin everyone is different and how it effects you can vary due to age, skin elasiticity, speed of losing the weight etc. My weight loss has been slow and steady and I wasnt over weight for more than 2 years so I havent really got much lose skin. I have exercised throughout which Im sure has helped plus tried to keep a good skin care routine, scrub moisturise etc.

Not sure if that helps! lol x

Hi Maryann,

Its good to hear you say that about Mr Aktar. I hyave found info about him but nothing personal. I really liked him though. I cant wait now. I hope my weight loss can be as fantastic as yours and as for the loose skin it seems to be miosturise and excersize and fingers crossed. I can do that.

Thanks,

Leesh x

Back