• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

loose skin!

fatbutnot4long

hi all i have a question???

does everyone get loose skin? when i first started this i was 21.10 i lost a bit prior to my op and now im 11 days post op i weigh 18.9! but now im really really worried! i dont want to end up lookin like a deflated balloon! i will start exercise on thursday they said 2 weeks and ill try my best but i was so big before i know there wil be some problems... my arms/tummy/boobs mainly. is there surgery available on the nhs? hope someone can help thanks xx

Hi Kirsty, im nearly 7 months post-op and have gone fromm 22 stone 3lb to 14 stone 10lb so have lost 7 and a half stone and i must say my skin is pretty good at the moment. my stomach is fine which has pleasently suprised me as it was huge! the worst parts are the inside of the top of my legs which have had a whopping 10 inch loss and they still aint too bad so overall things arent too bad skin wise for me HOWEVER ive still got another 4/5 stone to go so not sure what i will look like then!

I think everyone is different Kirsty I am hoping not to have too much either, but I am older so not sure how I will be
I know my trust allows you to apply for funding for a tummy tuck two years post surgery as that is the time they say it takes to lose the maximum amount of weight you are going to lose, but not all PCT will fund this, you will have to ask your team about it when you next see them

I have just looked back and you were done at Luton thats where I am being done tomorrow, what a small world, I am under mr Whitelaw also a wonderful surgeon like Mr Jain. Are you in Luton or farther afield??

Jay xx

thanks girls... jay i live in northampton but had my op done in luton... ive just replied to your thread lol! good luck for tomorrow xx

I think stretch marks have a huuuuge amount to do with it...

For example; i have loads of them on my tummy... which now looks quite bad... but funny, and my belly button looks like a sad face (if i draw eyes above it... which i may or may not have done..ahem :rolleyes:)

So the places where i have the marks, will never return to a normal skin type as i have stretched it to the point of it being torn so to speak...

I have more than a few stretch marks (tummy, top of arms, legs etc)

My skin is less tight... and as i said my tummy looks sad - my arms are a wee bit wobbly, but not awful... however... my boobs, which were a 38 DD/E are now a 34 C looks like to fried eggs nailed to a wall!!!

Some people are lucky, and some are not... all my saggy bits are where i had bad stretch marks... (i had quite a few on my boobs)

It is imposable to know how it will end up... but how i look at it is; i was convering up before, in clothes i didnt like cos i was fat, now if i have to hide some skin in clothes i love... no biggy. Im still covering up... but i look good! lol

and everyone has bits of them they dont like... even people we look at and think look perfect!

Don't worry :)

.x.

Back