• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did you have much loose skin after surgery

vanilla-cupcake

Hi, Im having my band fitted on Saturday :happy036:cant bloody wait, im so excited.

I have about 6 stone to loose and wondered if any of you suffered much with loose skin once you lost the weight, I know my belly will be saggy as it was stretched to the point of no return during pregnancy, 2 massive babies 10lb 11oz and 10lb 14.5oz so my belly is covered in stretch marks which I wouldn't be showing off anyway but just wondered about everywhere else....legs, arms etc

Was living with loose skin much better than living with the fat

I was thinking about a tummy tuck after weight loss but was told it is the most horrific pain you will ever experience

Thanks
Kate x

i lost 7st 7llbs with a band and i had the classic overhang on my tummy, i had a flur de lys tummy tuck as my skin had lost all its elasticity and wouldnt go back with exercise, it was extremley painfull but the results are worth the pain. the after pics i was swollen and it looks better now its all healed.
click on the b4 & after thumbnails...

Attachments

• 391.jpg
    391.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 4,437
  • 389.jpg
    389.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 11,255
  • 390.jpg
    390.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3,730
Last edited:
i lost 7st 7llbs with a band and i had the classic overhang on my tummy, i had a flur de lys tummy tuck as my skin had lost all its elasticity and wouldnt go back with exercise, it was extremley painfull but the results are worth the pain.
click on the thumbnails...

OMG Liz thats some difference, what weight were you and what are you now?

i was just over 20st b4 the band, 19st 2llbs on the day of the band op, 12st 7llbs the day of the t/tuck, today im 12st 9llbs.

Think that loose skin is fairly inevitable - Ive lost 4stone with my bypass and I can safely say that my stomach now is a dress size bigger than the rest of me which is a pain but thank god for magic knickers!

My mom had a tummy tuck and said the pain wasn't too bad and the results were well worth it. I figure it will be inevitable for me at some point.

Hi there Kate, i have terrible loose skin but i expected that as ive lost about 17 stone,the skin is a small price to pay and im waiting for a body lift in the future x x x x x x sarah

Last edited:
Hi Liz... Do you have a photo as it is now healed? I have 10 stone to shed and I know that I will also have excess skin. Did the nhs do it or did you have to go private? If nhs did you have to wait long once you asked for a tummy tuck? Sorry for all the questions. x

Hi Liz... Do you have a photo as it is now healed? I have 10 stone to shed and I know that I will also have excess skin. Did the nhs do it or did you have to go private? If nhs did you have to wait long once you asked for a tummy tuck? Sorry for all the questions. x

i havent got round to taking a new picture but i will do, my area fund the plastics thats needed when goal is reached and maintained after a year the on nhs. my wls surgeon refered me to his nhs plastic surgeon, i will be seeing him again on july 27th about revisional surgery to the top of my tummy and for my hips as they have been left uneven. im am very lucky and very greatfull to recieve this on the nhs as alot of areas will not fund nhs plastics.

iv lost just under 6 stone so far and the skin isnt too bad but i know it wil be eventually my arms are worst but once iv lost more im going to have a bad tummy but my area dont fund plastics so im stuck with it

Hi Liz... Do you have a photo as it is now healed?

as requested pics of my t/tuck scars 2 years post op taken today with a pic of my scars 10 days post op. as you can see they have faded to thin white lines. by the way im not keen on the tummy button lol

click on the thumbnails...

Attachments

• 389.jpg
    389.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 284
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 1,889
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 1,737
Wow you can barely see the scars! Fantastic!

Wow you can barely see the scars! Fantastic!

yeah my skin heals pretty well the 2nd band op scars has all most gone as well from last august, so im quite pleased.:)

Hi Liz

I agree with FL you can hardly see the scars.

If you dont mind me asking how long were you at your heaviest for, had it been for long time and do you think that it had any bearing on the elasticity of your skin ?

Hi Liz

I agree with FL you can hardly see the scars.

If you dont mind me asking how long were you at your heaviest for, had it been for long time and do you think that it had any bearing on the elasticity of your skin ?

ive been fat since i was 8-9 years old, got worse in my teens, then went into adult hood, the longer your obese the less chance the skin has of going back as if you stretch elastic for a long time it just snaps its the same with the elasticity in the skin, theres a point of no return. my skin was pushed to its max stretch limits a 9llb 1oz baby didnt help matters lol

Thank you Liz for showing us all the pics. I know I will have to have one as well when I shed my weight. I've had 3 baby's, my last pregnancy I carried twins and was huge and have the stretch marks to show for it! I can't see my stomach going back as it should be as it's a right horrid sight at the moment. Thanks again x

thats ok your welcome xxx

Hi, I have lost over 8 stone and I have lots of saggy flesh. I have been obese since age 7, had stretch marks by 10 and had a tummy overhang by 16. I had no illusions about the skin snapping back and it hasn't. My tummy is actually the least saggy. My inner thighs & bingo wings are the most saggy. I really am bothered by them but I wouldn't trade being fat again for anything. I plan to try for a baby soon and will wait until after that to have any plastics. I am planning on at least addressing my bingo wings because the really are large and seem to always be visible. All the other bits can be sucked in with undergraments or a good fitting pair of jeans, lol!

I would say that the saggy skin is a low price to pay for having my life back. And truth is who is gonna see my loose bits anyway? It is not like I was a nudist pre-op and now can't participate due to embarrassment!

Nic;)

Thanks Liz and phatgirl for your comments on excess skin. I am under no illusion that i will have some after i eventually have my op as i have been overweight since my late teens and even more so after having my three children almost straight after each other (i ended up with three under 5)i was just curious.

Back