• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LOOSE SKIN

basildontel

i had my op in september and i have lost nearly 8 stone.the only trouble now is i have got so much loose skin on my belly under my legs.what will happen to that.can any one advise me on it please......thanks terry

watching this post with interest Tel as I am getting the same problem.....

As far as i can tell, most opt for more surgery to remove the loose skin , if excercise doesn't help,but i think it is difficult to meet the criteria on the NHS , i'm nowhere near having that problem yet, well done on the 8st by the way .

My surgeon said to me in all honesty, what doesn't snap back after 2 years of getting to goal, it wont aand that surgery will be the only way forward. He also said either start saving or prepare for a long journey if on the NHS route.

They like to to maintain a BMI of 28 for 6 months before considering you and you have to be at goal for 2 years prior to this.

2bandsliz has had plastic on NHS, she will be a good person to ask.

I too was told what doesn't go back fairly shortly after the weightloss won't go back at all. My surgeon also said 0% of his patients who had their wls privately have gone on to have plastic surgery on the NHS, sadly they have all had to pay for it.

Cuppa xx

really depends on your PCT, contact PALS to find out local criteria.

I have found that the skin has started to shrink and I was told it may continue to do so over the next year. My PCT say your bmi has to be below 30 for 2 years to qualify for a tummy tuck and that is all that is offered.

I was told plastics on NHS were a no no before my surgery - but I want babies so loose skin isnt an issue for me until I have at least gone down that route! As for your weight loss - FAB :D

At 33 stone this is something that really concherns me, like many others paying privately just isn't an option, i don't earn that sort of money and neither does hubby. oh well, i've got a long way to go so fingers crossed it stays intact for me lol x

A very dear friend raised this question to me, i told her i aint worried i've already got the excess skin... it's just full of fat at the minute....

Great news on the weight loss, hope they do something about your skin xx

lol, thats a great way of looking at it julie, i'll try and remember that when i get disheartened about the dreaded excess skin x

My pct apparantly tells everyone pre surgery that they will not be able to have their loose skin removed on the nhs. Quite honestly, with the nhs having only a certain amount of money in the pot, I think I'd much rather they spend the money on giving more people WLS than using it to remove the excess skin. Of course it would be best if they could do both.

Back