• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loose skin

lalole

Jax
Hi.
I am new to the forum, been reading it for weeks and find it an amazing site for info and support. I am currently saving for a Gastric band (hope to be banded in a few month) and i suppose my biggest concern is loose skin. I have about 8 stone to lose, am 5ft 6, 27 and haven't had kids. Has anybody lost a large amount of weight and skin isn't so bad (fingers crossed)

Hi Lalole, I'm sorry I can't help as I'm a newbie but just wanted to stop by and say hello.

From what I've heard it sounds like you may be in a relatively good position because of your age but as I understand it, it comes down to genes, rate of weightloss and a whole load of other factors. Hopefully some experienced members will be able to tell you what's what :)

Meg x

I lost eight stone at 23 with a band and no kids, size 6/8 my boobs were a little bit less perky than my friends and I had a tiny bit of loose/jiggly skin on my tummy but I looked pretty damn good considering where I had come from!

thanks, I'm hoping the skin isn't too bad, I can deal with a little wobbly bits. Suppose I have to get rid of the fat first lol

i have lost around 12 stone ,9 post op and I wont lie I have a lot of excess skin ,bingo wings and baggy thighs I reckon I have about 7/8 lbs on my tummy but im trying to live with it as good underwear can hid it and its a small price to pay for been given such an amazing gift
I will be 9 months post op on the 18 june (surgery 18 sept 2014)

that's a great loss los in it. I'm going to have the band regardless, it's better to be healthy worth some loose skin than over weight and unhealthy

Back