• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loose skin

Tazz76

As most of you may know I'm seven weeks post op as of Monday the first of July. My total loss is six stone since starting the journey in January. For the most part all has gone pretty well Yeah I have had stalls and other issues whilst on this journey but I'm pretty happy with what has been achieved so far. But I have hit an issue 'loose skin', man it is unsightly. I knew it was a side effect with the surgery. But I thought I may be lucky enough for it not to affect me, as when I have lost before that wasn't an issue. But not this time, also I am in a catch 22 situation. I'm not small enough for an XL tee shirt and when I try one on it fits around the chest but not round the stomach so I get an ugly reminder looking like a muffin top hanging over my belt line. But I'm too small for a XXL. Can any one help or offer suggestion on what to do.

When I eventually hit this issue Im planning to use a men's sports compression vest under my clothes. I've seen a number of good ones on line, and there is a vid from watchmegetskinny on YouTube who has had gastric bypass and is left with the skin issue showing how well they work. Not perfect but deff better and flattens you out. As for swimming, I'm going to keep using rash tops, sort the surfers wear. I currently have one for the size I am now, size bigger so it has a loose fit. But it has certainly boosted my confidence to go swimming, and the dreaded walk of shame too and from the changing rooms to the pool ;)

I hope this gives you some ideas to try.
Jay

Sorry I have no solution, just empathy.

I hoped the loose skin thing would pass me by but no joy. To the waist all's great but I have two 'bags' forming on the front of my hips x

Start a surgery fund is my suggestion. Most of us have the same problem so you're not alone.

Back