• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

loose skin - gastric bander

hi,

firstly let me say i am fully prepared for the fact I could have loose skin. and im ok with that as long as im health but would prefer nt to have much of it.

im 25years old. 21st 5, 5ft 8 so ive got to lose about half of my body weight to be a healty BMI.

I was wondering what your experiences were with the post weight loss saggy skin.

I know that it varys from person to person, age and how much you lost/how quickly.

but if you've had to lose a great deal of weight loss, whats your skin like now? especially tummys... its my biggest problem area:(

is there anything you have found useful to help guide it back to normal/semi normal ??

I'm very early on in my journey (14 weeks post band op) and I know that there will be skin at the end of it. To get to my healthy point I will need to have lost almost 14 stone (Im a 3rd of the way there!) but I know I will have it and can see it on my arms already.

I have begun putting aside some money each month as I think that I may get to that point and need surgery . . .I don't know if there is anything that can ultimately help it . . .but I'm 40 and old lol

Chunky I was 20st 8 and am now 10st, but still 5ft 8 LOL, so stats not much different to you apart from the fact I have an additional 20 years on you. I lost the weight in a year. I have wrinkly/spare skin at the top of my legs/arms and a teeny bit on my rib cage but nothing that looks too bad. My stomach is practically flat ... And I did have that obligatory porky apron pre-weight loss due to being overweight and having had a Caesarian. So I think I am really lucky. Exercise will tone what's under the skin, but won't make the excess totally disappear. Keep your skin moisturised on the outside and keep yourself well hydrated by drinking plenty of water (and don't totally cut out fat from your diet, as I think a bit really helps the skin look better)...and hopefully most of your spare skin will just shrink back.... Are you excited ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 233
Chunky I was 20st 8 and am now 10st, but still 5ft 8 LOL, so stats not much different to you apart from the fact I have an additional 20 years on you. I lost the weight in a year. I have wrinkly/spare skin at the top of my legs/arms and a teeny bit on my rib cage but nothing that looks too bad. My stomach is practically flat ... And I did have that obligatory porky apron pre-weight loss due to being overweight and having had a Caesarian. So I think I am really lucky. Exercise will tone what's under the skin, but won't make the excess totally disappear. Keep your skin moisturised on the outside and keep yourself well hydrated by drinking plenty of water (and don't totally cut out fat from your diet, as I think a bit really helps the skin look better)...and hopefully most of your spare skin will just shrink back.... Are you excited ?

thanks flutterby, i am very excited but making sure i am fully prepared for certain things like my new diet and how to help the excess skin... im really hoping im as lucky as you have been with the skin and even more hopeful that I can reach that sort of weight loss.

Ive read alot of your posts, they have been a great help and very inspirational... so please dont stop helping us newbies/future losers :)

I´ve lost 26kg already since June and have about another 10kg to go. I have saggy skin on my legs, tummy, boobs and arms.

The boobs are going to be lifted, and the rest I will take a look see about 9 months after I reach target to see how they are faring. That will then be the decision time.

Boobs are a definite :D

I´ve lost 26kg already since June and have about another 10kg to go. I have saggy skin on my legs, tummy, boobs and arms.

The boobs are going to be lifted, and the rest I will take a look see about 9 months after I reach target to see how they are faring. That will then be the decision time.

Boobs are a definite :D

depends on how much loose skin i have but if its alot i will be doing a tummy tuck and boob uplift. i love my boobs and hate my belly... i want em looking better not worse. lol

hope you get what your after and congrats on the weight loss so far :)

L never ever thought I would have new boobs, but I am very happy I opted to have them done :D

flutterby1966 said:

Wow u look amazing x

I am excited for all of you starting your journeys to the new you! Everyone is different, so try not to compare TOO much to others progress :rolleyes: Set your own mini goals along the way, weight loss and non weight loss, to keep spurring you on xxx

Back