• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

loosing weight but not my clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tasha82

Hi all, just wanted to vent a little and ask if anyone else has had the same?

I am 10 days off 6 months since having a gastric bypass and I doing o.k, I have lost 6 stone in total which is good, BUT I dont seem to have gone down many dress sizes, I was a size 26 and am now a 24 or tight 22. I read other people threads and see they have lost the same amount of weight and have dropped down to about a size 18 and its really getting me down. Dont get me wrong Im soooo happy I had this done there was no way I could have lost 6 stone on my own, I just presumed as I was loosing weight I wouldalso be going down in sizes just as quickly, but it just doesnt seem to be happening.
So was just wondering if anyone else had had the same thing, or am I just a little weird???????

Tasha don't be disheartened it will all come off at once leaving you with approx two items in your wardrobe and the need for a shop! You are doing great! xx

I suppose it depends on one's body shape. If one is big busted then it might take longer to go down dress sizes. I am basically petite, discovered that under all this blubber I am very narrow! So dress sizes dropped a lot for me. I have lost "only" 4st 2lbs so far (almost at goal though as I didn't have much to lose) but I have dropped from size 22 to size 12. Because I am a narrow build.

I would try clothes at different places. I still cannot fit into anything less than a size 26 at evans because their clothes are ridiculously shaped. However at asda, bottoms I am size 24 and tops I am size 22. Often the cut makes more of a difference than the size.

We have a lots of internal fat and yours might be shifting first.It surrounds your intestine and organs.and as stated you might be a big build.I was totally gobsmacked to see how narrow my shoulders are now.It will happen and all of a sudden.Also make sure you are not still trying 'tents'on!Maz x

I soooo know or should say knew where you were coming from. I was once told for ever 1and half stone you loose it is supposed to equate to a dress size, and after a size 14 it goes down to a stone. When i lost weight didnt work for me. but then put a load on and am back almost to square one, hence getting the gastric sleeve sick of yo yoing. sooo sympathize with you.

Hi tasha keep going hun. you have done so well so far, try not to compare with others as this is your personal journey. I know its hard but celebrate how far you have come xxx

I lost 5 stone last year, but even though everyone commented on how much slimmer I looked, I only dropped from 24 to 22/tight 20! It does leave you thinking 'what's the point', but I'm sure it'll shift in time. I agree that you're probably getting rid of internal, more unhealthy fat first.
Good luck

That part of my weight loss is annoying me :mad:
I've lost over 4 stone and I'm still in the same clothes.
Fair enough they are much looser but I don't get it, slim chicks lose 1.5 stone and drop 2 dress sizes WTF?! :sigh:

But you are losing weight from your chin, your ankles, your wrists, your neck - not just boobs, bums and hips! After all, I have no idea what dress size my chin(s) are! The main thing is - you are losing weight.

Kirsty

I went from 19.6 to 15.3 day of op and was in a size 22-24 even though I lost stones my dress size stayed the same just a little looser, once I got to around 14 stones that's when the sizes dropped loads from size 20 to size 12-14 at 11 stone 1lb :) x

good post maz.

We have a lots of internal fat and yours might be shifting first.It surrounds your intestine and organs.and as stated you might be a big build.I was totally gobsmacked to see how narrow my shoulders are now.It will happen and all of a sudden.Also make sure you are not still trying 'tents'on!Maz x

thanks maz this post has brightened me up i never thought of it like that as i am struggling to see were this 4 stone has gone. xxxxxxx:D

Ive lost 5 stone. And have been size 20/22 for the last 2 and half months. Its getting me down a bit but its better than being the size 26 that I was.

I went fomr size 30/32 at 21st 11lbs. I took nearly 6 stone loss before i bought any new clothes in sizes 20/22 now at 13.7 I am in a size 16/18 depending on where I buy the clothes. Asda and Evans I find still very generous in their sizing also Sainsburys. I can fit inot an XL in Wallace and an 18/20 in Matalan.
I carry mosst of my excess weight onj Boobs and belly with skinny legs.
I am in fact still wearing some of my old size 28 Sloggi big girl pants lol

It can be dishearening but I would suggest as you do lose a few more pounds, just go inot shops pick up a variety of sizes and try them on, I was amazed to fit inot a size 16 in Evans, although I am aware of their vanity sizing but it still felt good, also as your shape changes you will find you may need to adapt your style of dress.

On the downside Jeans still look hideous on me with my big belly so I opt for my faithful black trousers in a smaller size.
Boobs have gone from 48G to 38G lol

Wendy

Thanks for all your replies. Its nice to see maybe I'm not alone with the slow dress size losses. I'm just impatient I suppose.xxx

Everyone on here is doing so well. You're all an inspiration.xxxx

Back