• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lots to tell .

purplefluffything

Evening friends,
Just come back from my holidays:icecream: which is why I have not been here, holiday was lovely very hot everyday it was a great holiday but very tirering .
Just before my holidays I had my education meeting at the Whittington, there were a lovely group of people there.
The meeting was very interesting and very informative.
We had to put down on a form what procedure we would like to have, then at the end you were asked if it had changed or not? mine was the same not changed at all :D .
The meeting was last Thursday the 11th; today I came back from my hols to find a consultasion letter to see Mr Sufi .

I was really supprised that the letter came so soon which was this Wednesday 17th less than a week after my group meeting.

Now Im really getting scary butterflys in my tummy because this is the part when I get to know whether they think Im suitable for surgery or not? :confused: .

Please can anyone of you wls peeps give me advice on what to ask at this first important consultasion? and what they will say to me or ask me?
Grateful for all replys. :wavey:
Hugs xxx

Hi Diana

I'm a bander so not much help...just wanted to say good luck though, hope you get it :D

Evening friends,
Just come back from my holidays:icecream: which is why I have not been here, holiday was lovely very hot everyday it was a great holiday but very tirering .
Just before my holidays I had my education meeting at the Whittington, there were a lovely group of people there.
The meeting was very interesting and very informative.
We had to put down on a form what procedure we would like to have, then at the end you were asked if it had changed or not? mine was the same not changed at all :D .
The meeting was last Thursday the 11th; today I came back from my hols to find a consultasion letter to see Mr Sufi .

I was really supprised that the letter came so soon which was this Wednesday 17th less than a week after my group meeting.

Now Im really getting scary butterflys in my tummy because this is the part when I get to know whether they think Im suitable for surgery or not? :confused: .

Please can anyone of you wls peeps give me advice on what to ask at this first important consultasion? and what they will say to me or ask me?
Grateful for all replys. :wavey:
Hugs xxx

Hi Diana

I wondered where you got to.
I won't take up any space here as I know you will want to see lots of replies....

Just wanted to say I'm so pleased for you and I'm sure everything will be fine.

What date is your appointment???...Keep us posted
~hugs~

Hi everyone,
Margaret thanks for your help, I found the thread and my what alot of questions, there are loads to choose from.
Crystal, I have 8 tiny weeks before my consultaion and I can't wait :woohoo:its the 17th August, for me it will fly by as I have 5 refills for my pain pump then I have a little 4 day break with husband; then it will be here, Yeee- Hah!

Gaynor and Yvonne, thank you for your support and good luck for my consultaion appt, its very much appreciated xx

I will also be here has much has I can so I can still read as much info as possible, also just to chat to one another and be here to help others that are not as far up the ladder as I am now ;) .
Please still give me as much info as possible for consultaion visit (Im hoping for By-pass).
Take care all ..
Hugs xx

hi diana, glad you had a good holiday! the build up to my bypass was abit weird, i went to my doctor to see if i could have some slimming tablets, he sent me for some blood tests which came back showing i was hyperthyroid he then referred me to see a consultant who when exammining my stomach suggested i had surgery! can you believe i started crying! think i was in shock id never contimplated surgery before. after that i had an appointment with the surgeon and just told him the truth about my eating habits etc i do think i was quite lucky as i have nothing else wrong with me except the excess weight. someone was looking down on me that day and i hope its the same for you, be lucky.

lisa xxx

I had a bypass. At my consultation I asked questions about the process to get to surgery but not so much about the surgery itself. The consultant asked me why I thought I wanted surgery and why I thought it was a good thing for me. He also wanted to know if I realistic expectations for the surgery and if I had done my own homework. Finally he wanted to make sure I was ready to make a lifetime commitment to a healthier, more active lifestyle. I was honest about what I ate and my activity levels and briefly discussed prior dieting attempts etc. It was all pretty informal and not stressful. I hope all goes as well for you.

HTH,
Nic;)

Evening girls and chaps,

The replys I have recently got Im over the moon with!

Lisa J, you have given me good luck, I believe this Luck will be good more than good, it is a coincidence we found out a few post ago we both came from kent; I lived in 'SwaleCliff' a few yrs ago so that has to be lucky Lisa, even the name Lisa and Lucky rymes:p. x

Gaelic girl and Dreamofbeinslim , thank you for your support and luck.

Phatgirl, I found your post informative on what to say, It has to be all true and from the heart. Thank you for all of this infomation everyone, but those that have not posted please do so I want has much info has possible xxxxx

Evening girls and chaps,

The replys I have recently got Im over the moon with!

Lisa J, you have given me good luck, I believe this Luck will be good more than good, it is a coincidence we found out a few post ago we both came from kent; I lived in 'SwaleCliff' a few yrs ago so that has to be lucky Lisa, even the name Lisa and Lucky rymes:p. x

Gaelic girl and Dreamofbeinslim , thank you for your support and luck.

Phatgirl, I found your post informative on what to say, It has to be all true and from the heart. Thank you for all of this infomation everyone, but those that have not posted please do so I want has much info has possible xxxxx

I too want to tell the whole truth and nothing but.....but I'm scared of blowing it!!!...know what I mean?

I tend to get nervous and forget things...I was with my GP the other day, I never asked half of what I needed to...I even told him that my head was a complete mess...

Hope all goes well for you.

~hugs~

Back