• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens at first surgeons meeting?

lolly_lou

As the title says, whAt happens at the first meeting with the surgeon via the nhs route? I've been told in my letter it'll last 2 & 1/2 hours and there will be a group of people I'm meeting, the surgeon, dietician and they didn't sAy who else? I'm feeling apprehensive and excited but wanted to know what to expect xx

As the title says, whAt happens at the first meeting with the surgeon via the nhs route? I've been told in my letter it'll last 2 & 1/2 hours and there will be a group of people I'm meeting, the surgeon, dietician and they didn't sAy who else? I'm feeling apprehensive and excited but wanted to know what to expect xx

I was nhs route but my meet with the surgeon only lasted 30 mins max. I had a appointment with the dietician and bariatric nurse before than so it sounds like they may be doing all yours in one go :). In general all appointments seemed to be checking my weight, height and blood pressure. Then just questions about your eating habits what you expect to achieve from surgery. I hope that helps. Any questions feel free to ask as I am now post op. Xx

Thanks for the info deffo sounds like mine is all in one go, how long did you have to wait for actual surgery after that appointment with your surgeon? Xx

Thanks for the info deffo sounds like mine is all in one go, how long did you have to wait for actual surgery after that appointment with your surgeon? Xx

You wouldnt believe this but as I arrived for my appointment with the surgeon, I took my phone out to put it on silent to discover a text telling me I had been pencilled in for the 3rd june which was 4 weeks away :) x

You wouldnt believe this but as I arrived for my appointment with the surgeon, I took my phone out to put it on silent to discover a text telling me I had been pencilled in for the 3rd june which was 4 weeks away :) x

That's incredible I can only hope that happens to me!

I met my surgeon on 28th may and he just talked about how he was going to do the bypass and i signed the consent forms i then had my pre op which was bloods blood pressure mrsa swabs ect. i had my meeting before that with the nurse and dietian which is just a chat really they go through why u want the surgery and ur eating habits and a few other things ive been told i should have my date within 12 weeks x

It's interesting seeing others pre op journeys. I'm NHS and won't get my pre-op checks until the day before my surgery when I'm admitted

I was about three weeks from seeing surgeon to getting my date and then about 5 weeks after that is op day. It seems to vary by surgeon/hospital and region.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back