• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Unable to do pre-op milk diet

petshell

Hello,
I have ten days to go before my op! I started the milk diet when I developed a severe ear infection (lovely dark green discharge) and have wonderful swollen glands.
As I have had numerous ear infections in the past which takes weeks to heal they prescribed me antibiotics which I cannot take around the same time as I take milk (as in hours!) or the antibiotic will lose its effect.
So all my good intentions of sticking to a milk diet have gone out of the window. I cannot afford for the antibiotics to not be effective as I do not want the operation to be cancelled (I coudn't even hide it as my glands on that side of the face are HUGE!).
So it is back to 1000 calories a day low carb, low fat, protein diet.

On a positive note the antibiotics are making me feel sick so I am not too hungry.

I am not looking forward to my birthday on Monday! No alcohol and no cake. Any suggestions for a nuce low carb, low fat protein treat!!!

Shelley

Check out the world according to egg face web site.

She had a bypass in 2006 and is a low carber too. There are loads of lovely deserts etc on there.

I do hope you feel better soon & good luck with the pre-op diet x

I've made some of the banana & walnut mini protein muffins - They were FAB!!

Most of the stuff she makes freezes well so cook up a big batch and whack them in the freezer for times of desperation! lol

I'm in the middle of moving (temp at my mum's until my flats finished being built), but I'm going to invest in one of those mini donut pans and set about making some.

The sites really good as she shows that you don't have to give up the food you love just because you've had WLS.

Happy baking x

good luck with the low cal diet, and the best of luck with your surgery xx

so tell me does having milk with antibiotics make them not work then? I have an ear infection, lovely and deaf and was oozing a lovely green puss on Saturday. Glands not up majorly though. I am now on the milk diet but will swap for a few days if it means antibiotics won't work. (I've not heard of this before)

This a new one on me and my son has taken his antibiotics with milk twice daily for over a year! I'll get him to ask his GP about it.

it depends on the antibiotic x but some you cannot take near milk as they lose their effect. i also had green pussy stuff swollen glands etc.... cause my op is friday i had to make sure the ear infection went so stopped the milk

Back