• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How low is low?

penelope1008

I'm sure in all my pre-op research I have seen it somewhere but can't remember where at the moment so can anyone help.
I get the whole High Protein, Low carbs, low sugar, low fat for the post-op diet but how low is low when looking at packets for those ingredients to make those safe zone meals or even those emergency pre-packed foods you may need to grab when out and about (if there are any such animals post-op).
I appreciate to begin with there will be little I can grab off the shelf if I'm in a hurry but I'd like to know so I can get my head round it and my eye in as I do my shopping pre-op so I can have a stash of Safe foods in the cupboard for me and gradually change the rest of the family over from the normal stuff in the cupboard so we can all eat the same foods without having to prepare two different meals.
Obviously their portions will be bigger than mine but I think I need to gradually wean them off some of the pre-packed rubbish they love and offer them healthier alternatives so they don't follow me down the path to obesity.:confused:

Hi

Best advice I can give you is make sure fat content is less than 5g per 100g and sugar is less then 10g per 100g.

Hope this helps a little.

:wave_cry:

Thanks Malinda, any information is welcome and greatfully received. Just trying as I said above to get my head and store cupboard in the right order to make my op a success.

I am always here if u need any help. I know I am only a few weeks post op but one learns quickly ;-)

Thanks again and I bet the learning curve no matter how well we think we are prepared pre-op is one hell of a steep one in reality post-op.

pre op diet

Penny I can send you the official party line if you want but you will see the dietician on your pre op assessment and she will advise you properly. As you know I have been on the milk diet, now I am on a 50-50 food for the first week and milk for the second. I solved the carb problem by cutting them out almost completely exept toast for breakfast instead of weetabix. On the milk diet only you cannot stray from what they give you its all liquid or yoghurt, and a sugar free jelly or two. I was on less than 500 calories a day.

Hope this helps you don't hesitae to ask if you want to know more.

Take care

Bob
xx

Back