• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Low protein in bloods

mrshengy

Hi, I'm 13 months post op and after my year check up I had bloods and they have just rang to say I have low protein in my bloods and need to go back in a few months and to up my protein, but everyday I have yogurts and porridge for breakfast 3 eggs and cottage cheese for lunch in a quiche thing & some sort of chicken, mince etc for dinner followed by a yogurt, just wondering how I can up my protein or if anyone else has low protein too?

Hi Mrshengy, i'm not a bypasser but a sleever so hopefully a bypasser might be able to help more.

My bloods when I had them done a year post sleeve came back fine, but considering the small amounts we consume, getting all the nutrients in can be tricky when also considering the high calorific values of some proteins. I've recently bought a nutribullet and am adding hemp protein and chia seeds to my blasts as I know not being a meat eater, getting good proteins is essential. Chia seeds particularly can be pretty much added to anything as they have no taste. So you could pop them in your eggs, yogurt, porridge etc and it could be a way of upping your levels.

I'm no doctor, and obviously everyone is different, but it might be worth a shot

If you are eating lots of protein it is strange that it's low in your blood. I would suggest you buy a protein powder and drink one drink a day at least, that's about 100 calories a go, and take it until your next test. If it's still Los then you might have an underlying problem. Arla do a 20g protein yoghurt which if you get 3 of those down a day you are already over the recommended daily minimum amount.
Good luck

Back