• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lows linked to deficiency?

Hello everyone,

Please can you help me :)

I am 10 weeks post op and 2stone 10lbs down so far but I am now experiencing so horrid low depressive moments. It feels like a black cloud over my head and eyes, I go quiet and it takes a while to get out of it. It happens, on average, every other day. And I snap at the most small and silliest of things. It is an extremely horrible feeling of negativity and sadness.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm a community nurse and have spoken to a few colleagues at work who said this could be because of vitamin deficiency?! I had my bloods done yesterday and I'm seeing the GP for results next Thursday.

It's common knowledge that we all can't get enough nutrition from the small amounts of food we intake but I'm wondering whether my multivitamin and iron tablets are enough. I take 2x centrum chewables, 2x adcal D3 and 2x Asda's own iron tablets a day. I've seen the 'bariatric advantage' multivitamin tablets on Amazon which would be ideal but they are so expensive (£40-£60 for 60/90 tablets)

Hope you can help and it would be reassuring if anyone else has experienced this

Thank you :)
X

Ali, there are times when i am teary and weak and that is definitely due to lack of food. These times will pass the stronger you become post op. Take care, speak to your GP if you need help. x

Back