• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mail on line 27 oct 2016

Oh wow she looks amazing! Sounds like she has developed a lot of self confidence. Dreading that lose skin though as about same size in that area. It was sad about her dreams shattered. I wonder how many marriages do split up? He didn't trust her anymore I guess his insecurity, but meant to be.

I was thinking the same thing,I guess as much as some partners / family / friends may support your desire to change your life it forces some to change the way they see YOU and that's hard when your overweight your inafect ' invisible ' but not ' invisible ' if you get my drift but once you start changing people start to notice and that wakes up the family/ friends / partner to the new you and it either let's them see the new confident happy smaller you or they see you changing and they haven't

I was thinking the same thing,I guess as much as some partners / family / friends may support your desire to change your life it forces some to change the way they see YOU and that's hard when your overweight your inafect ' invisible ' but not ' invisible ' if you get my drift but once you start changing people start to notice and that wakes up the family/ friends / partner to the new you and it either let's them see the new confident happy smaller you or they see you changing and they haven't
Completely agree with this. Sometimes I prefer being invisible than when people notice I've lost weight. It's actually quite nice meeting someone new and they don't know your previous weight so they can't comment on it. I've read so many stories on a fb page about people's partners leaving them after the weight loss. It's sad but it shows that maybe they weren't right for each other and the person deserves a hell of a lot better!

I've read that it does cause problems in some relationships. Sometimes the loser is the one that realises they've been staying in an unhappy relationship because they didn't feel confident and for others it's like this story. I mean what an idiot! She loses more than 15 stone, he loses 20lb and is unhappy because her weight loss gets all the attention.

In my tier 3 it was mentioned that we needed to think not just about the support we had around us but also the affect it could have on our relationships including friendships. I've read a lot of posts on FB groups of people whose family and friends haven't been able to deal with the person no longer being the fat friend. One woman was told she shouldn't have lost weight because she'd always made her 'friend' look thinner! I mean how bad is that?!

Also some partners want to keep their partners big to ensure they stay. I was in that type of relationship once. It's a type of control. Feeble who needs enemies with a friend like that lol!

Back