• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Contrast fills/xrays?

Sarah Metcalf

I was wondering if anyone has had one? My last couple of fills have shown that I'm losing fluid so my consultant wants me in on Thurs to check that my port area isn't leaking. I'm wondering how long it should take and what I should expect? xx

Hi Sarah

The only fill I had with an x-ray was the first one.....I had to go to a different hospital to have that done. It was only to check that everything was in place as it should be and the right way up I guess.

Hope it goes well for you babe x

p.s I had to drink some liquid whilst they did it to check for leaks, only took about 10 - 15 mins!

Love Kat x

Hi Sarah. My last fill was under x-ray and it was very interesting. It took a little longer than Kat's did as they were checking if my band had slipped and they took various x-rays at different angles. At some point expect to be tipped so you are standing upright but still on the table - that was a weird experience. I wish they could do all my fills this way.

tranquil x

Well I've had it done and it seems that I have a small puncture, so he wants me back in a couple of weeks to see if I've lost any more fluid and we'll take it from there.

So, so, so, so, so relieved that there's a problem and it's not me doing it wrong, if that makes sense?

Wow a puncture! Is it in the tubing? maybe they did it with previous fills.

Hope you get it sorted soon x

Back