• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new port question

buglady

hi everyone some of you know me i,ve been here a while just been a bit dispondent cause ive gained a bit of weight, but there has been a reason my port area has been leaking( my surgeon thinks? ) Any way im having a replacement port on Thursday so basically would love to hear if anyone else has had it done? does it hurt ? Did it take long to recover? and how long till you get restriction again he said he would fill me at the time of my op under a local! just a bit curious ?? thanks alison x

i cant help you but im getting pain where my port is and they said dont worry about it but i was worried it was a sign of the band slipping or am i just being stupid

Oh good luck Alison

Julie (Blue diamond) had her port repositioned (I think) recently so hopefuly she will see this x

thanks mazza

thanks mazza i saw she had her port moved im sure it wont take her long to give me the low down!! i miss you on face book you are looking good the weight is coming off well!! imm pm you!! thanksx

Hiya Buglady

I had my port revised last monday and I had this done under local anaesthetic (not general) and I was a day case, well I say day but I went into hosp at 11am and I was home @3pm (ish) so not a full day as u can see, I went down to operating theatre at 1.15 and the fact I was home at 3 (ish) shows you how quickly the op infact was (I live 2 miles from hosp and got the bus home as well. As for recovery I was very bruised but the pain side of it was next to nothing really I just felt a tad bloated and a little sore where the surgeon cut me open (he just cut into the previous port site and made it a little larger) but on the whole it was 97% less painful then the banding op altogether. HTH Buglady

Julie xx

thanks julie im day case too got to be there at 1.15 under local as well im prob about a 15 min drive from my hospital so thats not too bad i bruise really easily so im expecting a bruise if you look at some of my pics i put on my profile you will see that i bruise easily!!! im glad its not too bad getting a tad anxious now but things will be ok im in a special needs school as my job and it gets pretty physical at times im prob off till monday just got to see how i go ?? thanks so much for your advice ill let you know how i get on tomorrow thanks julie xx

Hiya Buglady

Good luck for tomorrow, you will be fine trust me , there really is nothing too it . xxx I look forward to hearing about it all tomorrow x x Julie xx

Good luck Alison i hope all goes well for you today xxx

new port aftermark!

hi everyone had my new port put in yesterday.It prob took about 25 mins to do under lots of local i felt lots of tugging realy strange i got to see a snippet of what my band op was all about(being awake!) I saw my old port flesh attached and all!! 2 weeks ago i had 8mls in my band they drew out 4 yesterday so def leaking somewhere they did a test of filling the band right up to force out the saline(most uncofortable as the restriction was painfull!!) but none came out so hopefully this was the prob area they said they were going to sent the port back to the people that made it for them to investigate. Im very bruised today sore and it feels like something is tugging me inside. I have to go back for another fill in two weeks time they put me back up to 8 yesterday but diddnt put any more in because of the swelling from the op!! so that was my day! alison x

Wow how brave were you having that done under local! glad it went ok, and well done on your weight loss so far..onwards and downwards xx

Oh you are brave Alison, its made me shudder thinking about it. Hope you finally get some restriction now x

Hiya Buglady

Thats exactly how it felt to me as well, it does get better rather quickly and I am not even 2 weeks out yet and I dont even feel like I had my port revised. HTH

Julie xx

Back