• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mdt meetings

christine1957

hi anyone no when the mdt meetings are, and how long is it after they have had there meeting about me do they get in touch to let you no whats happing ,as when i went to the nurse and dieticain at srh on tuesday was just told next app will be to see the surgeon , but now as i have looked on here people are saying that the mdt will have a meeting about me and i would get a letter im confused more than ever lol x

Not entirely sure of the schedule, but I was told by the secretary that MDTs do meet regularly (possibly weekly/fortnightly?) but they do have a high case load and there's always a wait for patients records to come from one office to another so there is understandably a delay, but it should be within the 6 months timesecale they gave you. They will send you a letter with an appointment time on it but it won't be for some time yet if you've just seen nurse - I didn't get mine until three weeks before the appointment.

For my area bariatric team MDT meetings are held every Wednesday afternoon at St Georges hospital in Tooting.

Last year, after seeing the endocrinologist and dietician in August and the surgeon at the start of September followed by the psychologist appointment a couple of weeks later, my case was discussed at MDT mid October and they decided I had to see a psychiatrist - I eventually had that appointment in June this year!

I was then told they would discuss it at the next MDT meeting - I then waited until August before it was actually put before the team (a further 8 week wait ) and I was eventually put on the waiting list for surgery - but for that one appointment in June I would have been put on the waiting list a year ago and would now be at least 6 months post-op!

Tatiana

Back