• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to expect at mdt appointment

claudiadearman

Hello my lovelies,

Yesterday I received an appointment for my MDT appointment where I see dietician, nurse, psychiatrist and MDT. A full day of appointments woohoo! So I wanted to know what is this appointment? Because my last appointment was with a Doctor who discussed my options and says I'm a very good candidate etc? When I got to the MDT appointment the doctor said I'll start my milk diet. Will I be given a surgery date before I start my milk diet or do I do the milk diet go back then have to get a date for surgery I'm so confused :-s xx

Hi i never seen the MDT team my case was just reviewed with them by the nurses. However i did meet with surgeon on wednesday and im now on waitin list for endomscopy which shud be with in the next 3 weeks. He aslo said my op would follow with in 2-4 weeks of having it. So maybe these are the next steps after MDT. Good luck :)

When is your appointment? I have mine at Luton and Dunstable on 11th Dec. I finished my Tier 3 early November with Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge and I have opted to have WLS at L&D.

Im at sunderland. I had my wl target weigh in on 5th nov. I had lost 8.5kg then i was seen by surgeon in 3rd dec i had lost a further 9kg. Total 17.5kg since september. He was very happy with my weight loss and placed me on list there nd then for endomoscopy. He said id have it done within 4 weeks then approx 2-4 weeks after for op. So looking about end jan 2015 for it. Coz up here theres no waiting list for op coz they operate on weekends now so its pretty fast moving x

When is your appointment? I have mine at Luton and Dunstable on 11th Dec. I finished my Tier 3 early November with Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge and I have opted to have WLS at L&D.

Hey I saw the doctor last Novemeber and my MDT meeting isn't until 20th January. Xx

Im at sunderland. I had my wl target weigh in on 5th nov. I had lost 8.5kg then i was seen by surgeon in 3rd dec i had lost a further 9kg. Total 17.5kg since september. He was very happy with my weight loss and placed me on list there nd then for endomoscopy. He said id have it done within 4 weeks then approx 2-4 weeks after for op. So looking about end jan 2015 for it. Coz up here theres no waiting list for op coz they operate on weekends now so its pretty fast moving x

Oh wow that's so quick!! See no one told me about the endomoscopy. Sorry if it's crude is it a going Down one or a going up one :-S. I hope I'm asleep I hate anything like that lol xxxx

Haha its ok. Its a going down throat one. U have several options i think about how u can have it done ie throat numbed, put to sleep ect. Ill let u kno when ive had mine. I think ill have to opt for throat to be numbed as i have to drive home and i kno ive herd its not pleasent but ill just have to cope lol. For sake of 10-20 mins i think thats how long it takes im not sure x

Oooooooooo no no I'm deffo going to sleepy times lol!! Luckily I have my hubby taking me back and forth lol. I'm also very happy to hear it's a mouth entrance one lol please let me know how it all goes xx

Ah god yes lol. Couldnt do other way haha. I will do nobother. I suppose once its past the back of ur throat its just the case of puttin up with the tube but from what i hear its really thin so probs couldnt fell it much x

So basically, nurse will check you over and do bloods and discuss the ops. The dietician will explain the milk diet and put you on it. And the psychiatrist will be looking for things like binge eating disorder etc - IE if you need any psych support before the op.

Awwwww, I saw the psychiatrist before she said I was ok ha ha ha, hopefully it's not changed lol! How long after that does it take for surgery? Xx

It really varies, but 4 weeks milk diet minimum and then another 2 months after you see the surgeon.

At ours in sunderland ive known it only to be for 2 weeks before ur op but a few people i kno have had ops sooner coz of cancellations and they didnt need to do it x

Itll all be worth it in the end. Thats all i keep telling myself. Ive got a funny little feeling im gonna be on milk diet over christmas but i suppose its just one of them things. Hope this appointment comes thru soon. Im so excited :D xx

Itll all be worth it in the end. Thats all i keep telling myself. Ive got a funny little feeling im gonna be on milk diet over christmas but i suppose its just one of them things. Hope this appointment comes thru soon. Im so excited :D xx

Hey Vicki,

After worrying about the endoscope entrance I've since found out my hospital doesn't do one? The MDT is seeing the nurse for bloods, psychiatrist to check in of sound mind (what women is) lol and the dietian to start my milk diet. Then I'll get my surgeons app then I guess I'll be booked in!! Exciting!! I'm quite glad I'm not doing the milk over Christmas but I'm still being good!

I really feel for you tho hun! Make sure we stay in touch what surgery did you go for xx

Ah definatly. I love this app. Its nice to have real people experiencing the same thing. Well im still waiting on my endoscopy appointment but hopefully i get it done before xmas. As im the most impaitent person EVER! X

Ah definatly. I love this app. Its nice to have real people experiencing the same thing. Well im still waiting on my endoscopy appointment but hopefully i get it done before xmas. As im the most impaitent person EVER! X

Ha ha you sound like me, I'm a year in and I can see the finish line but just not there yet lol!

I'm now trying to work out which surgery I'd like. Hmmmmmm lol either the sleeve or bypass ?

Back