• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MEAL IDEAS

JennyHop

HELP!!! Has any1 who has gastric by pass got any meal ideas 4 the pre-op diet (Plan 2), I start mine 2morothanx.:confused:

Can't really help you as I did the milk diet, but from memory its very little carbs, a bit of protein and mainly veg (but not root veg like carrots, swede etc) Hope this helps x

Hi and welcome to the site. Lots of people here have advice and offer support. With regard to the pre-op diet, didn't your provider give you advice? At Walsall Manor we were given the option of a milk diet or a low fat/carb diet. The milk diet is just 3 pints (I think) milk, 2 cups bovril and 1 or 2 yoghurt per day for 2 weeks. I did this and it was fine. You can also drink sugar free squash, tea and coffee and make sugar free jelly to vary it. x x

Hi Jenny
Welcome to minis i did the pre op diet you are about to start as Terri says its low carb high protein. I still have a diet sheet i think but what i did was have some porridge or a diet youghart for brekkie and then lunch and dinner consisted of various hot/cold meat or grilled/baked fish with salad or veg stuck to green veg. Allowed myself one slice of bread per day usually for supper. Used low fat yougharts and slim a soup to plug the gaps. x

Mine was also low fat/sugar and carbs diet. Cerial for breaky with skimmed milk no sugar, Lunch - 1 x slice of brown bread (no butter) 2oz of lean meat and loads of salad. (no dressing) Dinner- 1 x small baked potatoe with steamed fish or 1oz lean meat or 2oz prawns with low fat philladelphia.Loads of veg but apart from a spud you are to have no root veg. I aimed for cabbage, broccoli, caulie, runner beans ect. This menu was done by Kath Rothwell the bariatric nurse for Mr Ammorie . I hope this helps Gail:p

Back