• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pain

karenlouisemee

i am doing the pre op diet im on day 6 the food part is going well but this morning i am getting a bit of pain in my tummy and lower back. Is this normal? I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the liver shrinking. Any ideas folks.:confused:

Very unlikely to be anything to do with your liver...more likely to be wind/constipation/general grumblings from your tummy & lower intestines due to such a big change in diet. Try some wind remedy...or sipping warm water can be quite comforting. I found I felt just a bit 'euck' all the way through my liver-shrinking diet. Keep up the fluids & just keep an eye on it xxx

Hi Karen ... sorry to hear you have pain, I have as well and put it down to the iron tablets that are recommended we take.

I found I got constipated really bad on the pre op diet as my body was'nt taking much food in hence not much to come out. Hope you feel better soon but just think it will all be worth it when you have your op sweetheartxxxxx

liver is under the top of your right ribcage, so don't worry about it being that

I hope today is better for you!

Well im feeling fine today. dont think i was constipated as i am quite regular but thanks for all the advise it is very much appreciated,xx

Oh the joys i can only imagine the pain afterwards i must admit i do have quite a strong pain threshold but we will see how things go.

Back