• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help, 2 weeks post op and still very bloated

xmandyx

Please can any one help or give me some advise.

I am 2 weeks post op, my stomach is very bloated and sore. I am still on liquids, I have been drinking plenty of water. As the week has gone on my stomach has worse. Can any1 give me any advice, has any1 had the same as me. Please any help will be gratefully excepted Mandy x

Hi Mandy - sorry your still feeling sore and bloated (i can't give advice as an official loser) but if it continues i would get in touch with you bariatric team and ask their advice.

I'm sure one of our more experienced losers will come on soon and be able to help you in some way.

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to help you feel better soon x

Hi there, try not to worry you are still healing and the swelling takes time to go down completely...;)

Hi Mandy - Im 3 weeks and 3 days post op and have o say Im still swollen! Pain stopped approx 2 weeks into it, but swelling hasn't gone down yet...give it time sweets...as everyone has said give it time to calm down...(I can say all this, but I know when its you feeling this way its awful - look at my previous threads lol) Think positive and let your body adjust....GET WELL SOON XXX

Hi Mandy - Im 3 weeks and 3 days post op and have o say Im still swollen! Pain stopped approx 2 weeks into it, but swelling hasn't gone down yet...give it time sweets...as everyone has said give it time to calm down...(I can say all this, but I know when its you feeling this way its awful - look at my previous threads lol) Think positive and let your body adjust....GET WELL SOON XXX

Thanks for the advise, I think that I need to step back and think about what my body has just gone through. I just thought because I was feeling ok, that my body should also be heald, but I was forgetting I have only just had my op 2 weeks ago. Thanks again Mandy x

swelling can take a while to go down what your experiencing is normal. please try not to worry.

liz x

Oh my gosh! I didnt even expect there to be any 'noticeable' swelling- what a plank i am.Does it get very bad- like pregnant proportion????

Actually on a good note- perhaps the swelling would push out my rolls so they look smoother ;) :D

oh my gosh! I didnt even expect there to be any 'noticeable' swelling- what a plank i am.does it get very bad- like pregnant proportion????

Actually on a good note- perhaps the swelling would push out my rolls so they look smoother ;) :d

would you like to see my tummy pic with scars ? Its not to bad just wear slack comfy pants ie tracky bottoms with an elasticated waist band.

like the reasoning!

Cheers Liz- get them out then!

Poop, i so did not think about swelling!!!

my band scars.. the bruising looks worse that it is and does go away pretty quickly. i was bloated but that also subsides. the port scar is at the very top as my port is placed in my chest.
click the thumbnail.

Attachments

• BAND_SCAR_SHRUNK.jpg
    BAND_SCAR_SHRUNK.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 31
yeah emma its uncomfy but each day gets easier, hey if we ladies can give birth then this is a breeze ;)

Back