• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Meal times post-op

Dell

Hi all

Pre-op diet starts tomorrow, once I have been to my pre-op assessment this afternoon.... :eek:

Am veering between excitement and paranoia about the op but mostly positive however...

DH has been talking a lot about afterwards....mealtimes and the like. We tend to eat together most days at around 8pm and the children together earlier around 5-6pm. This will clearly have to change as 8pm will be way too late for me to eat, having had lunch around noon! DH is now saying he will eat his main meal at lunchtime at work and I am not happy about this as it means he will live on "ready meal" type food and I will definitely miss eating with him most nights too. I love to cook for my family as well, although not sure how much I shall love it once I am eating such a paltry amount of my hard work :D

Can anyone think of a way round this? I am up early each morning so breakfast is around 8am, and lunch can be around 1pm but even so then eating at 8pm is still a LONG break between meals.

Many thanks!

Honey, Still cook the meals, I did ok the first couple of weeks when I was on liquids this was hard, but if it's what you do, then do it!!
Secondly - You will find that you need to eat little and often so you may eat at lunch and then again at 4 you may just be ready to sit with Hubby to have something small at 8, so dont give up on that time with your hubby, sounds like you had a good routine, so carry on enjoying it......

Hope it works out for you, and all the best with your pre-op appointment!

I'd still cook meals and have them together. It will be uncomfortable for everyone at first but you'll soon get used to it :)

:)Just wanted to say good luck starting your pre-op tomorrow & with your appoint this afternoon Dell

I'm still pre-op so can't comment on meal times except I've been told 3 "meals" plus 2 snacks
Also that I will be eating/chewing very slowly to start with so maybe you'll just freeze the remainder of your portion

Back