• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

the 'last meal'

SAM55

Hi

Has anyone since being offered the surgery found they are viewing certain types of food as their 'last meal' as in what you get before you are executed? I have found that since I was told I could have it, having been under assessment for over a year, there are certain foods/meals - the ones you don't have very often such as a takeaway, or certain treats, I am thinking 'this will be the last time'! The biggest example of this was my trip to IKEA last week which is something i only do about once a year, where i had their famous meatballs, and purchased some 'green cakes' which I love and pigged out on on Sunday.

I was only told about three weeks ago and I am expecting at least a four month wait, so am hoping that this will wear off before then!

Hi

Has anyone since being offered the surgery found they are viewing certain types of food as their 'last meal' as in what you get before you are executed? I have found that since I was told I could have it, having been under assessment for over a year, there are certain foods/meals - the ones you don't have very often such as a takeaway, or certain treats, I am thinking 'this will be the last time'! The biggest example of this was my trip to IKEA last week which is something i only do about once a year, where i had their famous meatballs, and purchased some 'green cakes' which I love and pigged out on on Sunday.

I was only told about three weeks ago and I am expecting at least a four month wait, so am hoping that this will wear off before then!

I have my sleeve in two months, and I'm getting the same feeling. Trying to get it under control so I don't put on a stone before surgery :p

I am ashamed to say I had my ' last meal ' on Sunday before my surgery ..
At the top of Portsdown Hill , in Portsmouth , is a burger stall called Monster Micks .
This is no ordinary burger stand let me tell you . I don't like burgers very much but will,
eat one from here .
I had a single burger pat with cheese , no bap .
But
I did have a portion of chips , these are the reason I go there . They are thick chunky chips which they prick while they are frying so you get all those super crispy edges and they are fried until the perfect dark golden . Omg they are so good ! I did resist the choice of having a hand full of cheese thrown on the top though !
I only ate half the portion and broke the rest into little pieces for the 100s of crows and seagulls that gather there
Better fat birds , than this fat bird !
Mindy
Xxx

I am ashamed to say I had my ' last meal ' on Sunday before my surgery .. At the top of Portsdown Hill , in Portsmouth , is a burger stall called Monster Micks . This is no ordinary burger stand let me tell you . I don't like burgers very much but will, eat one from here . I had a single burger pat with cheese , no bap . But I did have a portion of chips , these are the reason I go there . They are thick chunky chips which they prick while they are frying so you get all those super crispy edges and they are fried until the perfect dark golden . Omg they are so good ! I did resist the choice of having a hand full of cheese thrown on the top though ! I only ate half the portion and broke the rest into little pieces for the 100s of crows and seagulls that gather there Better fat birds , than this fat bird ! Mindy Xxx
sounds yummy, don't blame you X

I have been doing my 'last meal' quite regularly since getting the OK. Things that I haven't eaten for a long time and don't miss are suddenly very appealing! At hospital I had chocolate cake to celebrate my sleep apnoea results. It looked lovely but tasted horrible :(. I also stopped at a garage on the way home where there is a Greggs and had a sausage roll - just because I still can... for now. The power of suggestion is very strong. There was something on TV a couple of weeks ago about Greggs sausage rolls being the best!

Off on my hols next week, probably the only one I will get this year and certainly the only one before surgery so I am sure there will be other instances, but have promised I will be good when I get back. :break_diet:

Now, do I fancy a burger????

Back