• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Meeting the anaethetist

Lel71

Hi everyone
I got referred to the L and D hospital in August. I had my group session then last week I had my first meet with the dietician who I am going back to see in 5 weeks. However I got an appointment through to see the anaethetist next week on the 21st! I thought it was a mistake so called them! But no apparently it's right! Does anyone know why I'm meeting with the anaethetist so early?

Loblli

Hi everyone
I got referred to the L and D hospital in August. I had my group session then last week I had my first meet with the dietician who I am going back to see in 5 weeks. However I got an appointment through to see the anaethetist next week on the 21st! I thought it was a mistake so called them! But no apparently it's right! Does anyone know why I'm meeting with the anaethetist so early?
Hi can u tell me what happened at group session please I’m there at end off October I’m really can not wait to start x

Lel71

Hi
The group session I felt to be honest wasn't great. I felt like we were all hearded into a room to be told what we already know and then opt in or out of the programme x

Bling Babe

Hi can u tell me what happened at group session please I’m there at end off October I’m really can not wait to start x
I found it really useful, yes admittedly there was heaps of information that I’d already learnt but some people asked questions that others hadn’t thought of and it gave us an opportunity to ask anything xx

Loblli

I found it really useful, yes admittedly there was heaps of information that I’d already learnt but some people asked questions that others hadn’t thought of and it gave us an opportunity to ask anything xx
Hi thanku for replying I was just wondering how long the group session lasted? And how long after this did u get your first appointment on your own x

Bling Babe

Hi thanku for replying I was just wondering how long the group session lasted? And how long after this did u get your first appointment on your own x
It lasted 3 hours and my next appointment was 2 months after with the anaesthetist but I had had lots of one to one appointments with dietician up until then x

Lel71

It lasted 3 hours and my next appointment was 2 months after with the anaesthetist but I had had lots of one to one appointments with dietician up until then x
Hi Bling. Can you tell me what happened after you seen the anaethetist please as I'm going to see them next week x

Bling Babe

I saw my surgeon and was given my date on the same day...but they have changed the way they do things nowaday, just try to chill, it will happen x

Sarnie

I thought they stopped the group sessions, that's what I was told, I had one to one sessions, each one an hour long, which I personally think is better than a group session. I saw the anesthetist when I was on T4, then 2 months later saw the surgeon who gave me a date for surgery, which was only 2 weeks later. x

Lel71

I thought they stopped the group sessions, that's what I was told, I had one to one sessions, each one an hour long, which I personally think is better than a group session. I saw the anesthetist when I was on T4, then 2 months later saw the surgeon who gave me a date for surgery, which was only 2 weeks later. x
Hi
Hi how long ago did you have your surgery? I personally didnt like the group session. I felt it was a bit embarrassing,herding us all into a room to watch a presentation on how to eat! I seen the anaethetist last week but have the dietician again in a few weeks. Mine seems to be a bit all over the place! The anaethetist said he is happy to go ahead with surgery but obviously they have to agree as a team so guess I've got a bit of a way to go yet x

KhalessiCiara

Hi Lel71

I start my group session next month. I'm a bit confused because this is my second time doing tier 3 and it was on a 1 to 1 basis and then you were required to do a milk diet for 4 weeks. Can I ask what happens in the first group session? I've heard it can be a bit boring as you said

Lel71

I honestly felt it was a waste of time! Maybe others liked it. But I didnt . Felt a bit embarrassing if I'm honest. They wouldn't herd people into a room who were going through other personal life changing surgery! They then ask if you want to opt in or out! Then 4 weeks later I had my first appointment with the dietician,then out the blues I got a letter to go and see the anaethetist 2 weeks later! I have my 2nd appointment with the dietician in 2 weeks and I think then I maybe starting the milk diet but at the moment I have no idea what is actually going on!x

Bling Babe

Hi Lel71

I start my group session next month. I'm a bit confused because this is my second time doing tier 3 and it was on a 1 to 1 basis and then you were required to do a milk diet for 4 weeks. Can I ask what happens in the first group session? I've heard it can be a bit boring as you said
When I started in sept 2016 we had to do the 4 week milk diet after our very first appointment with the team x

Sarnie

Hi
Hi how long ago did you have your surgery? I personally didnt like the group session. I felt it was a bit embarrassing,herding us all into a room to watch a presentation on how to eat! I seen the anaethetist last week but have the dietician again in a few weeks. Mine seems to be a bit all over the place! The anaethetist said he is happy to go ahead with surgery but obviously they have to agree as a team so guess I've got a bit of a way to go yet x
I had my surgery last April. I must admit going through the process it did all seem vauge to me, never really knew until I got my date of it was ever going to happen, you just have to go with the flow and do what they require you to do, I'd say if you've seen the anesthetist then surgery will probably follow soon x

Sarnie

I honestly felt it was a waste of time! Maybe others liked it. But I didnt . Felt a bit embarrassing if I'm honest. They wouldn't herd people into a room who were going through other personal life changing surgery! They then ask if you want to opt in or out! Then 4 weeks later I had my first appointment with the dietician,then out the blues I got a letter to go and see the anaethetist 2 weeks later! I have my 2nd appointment with the dietician in 2 weeks and I think then I maybe starting the milk diet but at the moment I have no idea what is actually going on!x
The not knowing what is really going on is pretty much everyone's experience I think, you just have to go with whatever they require you to do and keep your eye on the prize x

Lel71

Hi. How long did you wait for your surgery if you dont mind me asking? Also hope your weight loss is going well x

Sarnie

I was lucky, I had one to one sessions. I don't know why they sometimes do group ones, maybe it's when they have a lot of patients at one time coming into the clinic and it saves time, it's the only thing I can think of. I don't think it's a good idea really, you need one on one appointments to talk things through properly. x