• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone got the group appt at Whittington this week?

Twiggie

I've got my group meeting session at the Whitt this week and now it's getting closer I'm absolutely terrified! :cry:

Is anyone else from here going that I might be able to meet up with as I'm having to go alone and already having anxiety attacks just thinking about it :eek:

I've had my group appointment but just wanted to reassure you that there is nothing to worry about. I was freaking out before my group appointment but once I got there I realised how lovely everyone was!! Kirsten (Bariatric Nurse) and Lucy(Dietician) are absolutely fantastic and the meeting ended up being informative, fun and relaxed!! Even if you don't find anyone off this site then I'm sure you'll bump into some of the same nervous faces waiting in the cafe! You can usually tell who they are!!!

Hope this helps a little!! Keep us informed and feel free to PM if you want some more info!! I'll try and help as best I can!!

xxxx

I've had my group appointment but just wanted to reassure you that there is nothing to worry about. I was freaking out before my group appointment but once I got there I realised how lovely everyone was!! Kirsten (Bariatric Nurse) and Lucy(Dietician) are absolutely fantastic and the meeting ended up being informative, fun and relaxed!! Even if you don't find anyone off this site then I'm sure you'll bump into some of the same nervous faces waiting in the cafe! You can usually tell who they are!!!

Hope this helps a little!! Keep us informed and feel free to PM if you want some more info!! I'll try and help as best I can!!

xxxx

Yes u can usually def tell who the other peps are, i recognised Meggie straight away lol.
Honestly its very laid back and u dont have to talk if u dont want 2.
U will watch a mini film of the diff types of surgery and the pro`s and con`s of each surgery and be given a form to fill out and then at the end you can ask any questions you need answering.
Honestly its really informal and the time whizzed by.
Take care xx

Thanks Meggie and Roch xxx

I've planned to get there an hour early so I can sit in the cafe and hopefully relax a little as no doubt I'll be hot and flustered with sweat pouring off me when I arrive lol

I was hoping my son would come with me but he has prior commitments that evening so won't be able to. I've rehearsed the journey in my head and know which tube I need to get etc so I should be ok *fingers crossed* ;)

I just need to keep focussed on where this journey is leading to and that in itself should drive me to overcome these obstacles. No pain, no gain!! :D

PS Roch, you're doing fantastically well on your pre-op weight loss, well done you!!!! I've not weighed myself for over a week and daren't as I think I've gained again! :eek:

Tomorrow's the big day!!!!

Do I need to take anything with me, what questions should I ask etc.....

I've tried not to think about it all week as it was just stressing me out but now it's here and I'm not prepared lol

Hun if you have any questions then write them down and take them with you, u can tell Kirsten u know me and Ellen from MM :)
Kirstein and lucy are fab and there is nothing to worry about at all, Kirstein will tell you any questions you have she will answer at the last part of the session.
Its not a massive group usually bout 13 peeps but only 6 turned up to ours the rest were no shows.
You will be given a folder with lots of info in it and i then went out and bout a nice pretty pink one :) and i keep all my correspondence from the hospital in there.
Pls dont worry it is so laid back and a nice info session and very interesting although we all knew it all from reading stuff on MM lmao
You dont need to take anything with you except for urself :) and maybe some money for a drink in the canteen when ur waiting and in the break.
We all thought we had to sit eating an apple in the break but that did not happen the canteen does gorgeous food and all 3 of us made the most of it lmao.
parking round there is impossible so if u r coming by car be prepared to have to park some distance away if u can find a space and it may be pay and display.
Take care hun and pls be relaxed you will have a good day and tomorrow is the first step of ur wls journey xxx

Thanks hun, I'm excited and nervous all at the same time, but I bet everyone is the same lol

I'm going via train/tube so no worries about parking. Glad you mentioned the canteen though as no doubt I'll be hungry by the time I get there ;)

My other major panic is "what the hell shall I wear"?!?!?! One day its hot, the next it's cold! :rolleyes:

Cold is good, we can hide under big cardigans and wraps when it's cold! Hot is BAD!!! :sigh:

And if I get TOO hot then I'll get all anxious and crabby and bite everyone's heads off hehe :eek:

Hahaha I felt exactly the same before my group appointment. Ask anyone here.....I posted A LOT of messages that week!!! Don't worry about asking questions and things like that. They give you a lot of information so don't really expect you to ask that much, unless you want to!!! Everyone is soooooooooooooo lovely!!

I've hardly slept all night, must be the worry! Trouble is it's such a late meeting that I'll end up falling asleep halfway through it if I'm not careful!

I haven't been anywhere on my own for such a long time now, what on earth was I thinking arranging to go down to London!!! Oh well, got to be done if I want this surgery, and I do!!!

Mornin hun honestly it will be fine u will be very relaxed once ur in the session and u will then think wat was i worrying about lol.
Have a good day xxx

Mornin hun honestly it will be fine u will be very relaxed once ur in the session and u will then think wat was i worrying about lol.
Have a good day xxx

Guess what? You were right! :D

Met some lovely people today and Lucy & Kirsten are great, they really know how to make you feel welcome and comfortable. I was very nervous about speaking in front of everyone and stumbled with my words but it wasn't as bad as I'd feared.

First hurdle over and done with! :thankyou:

Well done hun this is ur offical first step on ur wls journey am pleased that you found the session ok and met some nice people.
Take care hun and have a good night xx

Guess what? You were right! :D

Met some lovely people today and Lucy & Kirsten are great, they really know how to make you feel welcome and comfortable. I was very nervous about speaking in front of everyone and stumbled with my words but it wasn't as bad as I'd feared.

First hurdle over and done with! :thankyou:

Well done hun!! 1st step out of the way!! Won't be long until you get to meet Sufi or Heath!!!

Well done hun!! 1st step out of the way!! Won't be long until you get to meet Sufi or Heath!!!

Thanks hun :D

How long will it be until I get the first appt letter? I don't think I'll believe it's really happening until I get that. :eek:

Are any of you going to the support group meeting next week? Think I'm going to try and get to that one if I can as October is a busy month for me.

Thanks hun :D

How long will it be until I get the first appt letter? I don't think I'll believe it's really happening until I get that. :eek:

Are any of you going to the support group meeting next week? Think I'm going to try and get to that one if I can as October is a busy month for me.

You could always call the appointments line to see when it is, then ask if they have any cancellations at the same time. I'd call every couple of days after that if you want to try and get a cancellation. Just make sure they book you onto the correct appointment as they screwed mine up initially!!

Good luck!!

xx

Back