• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

met my surgeon, told my mum...

joujou

So having put the cart before the horse somewhat, I paid a deposit for May 1st last week with THG at Dolen Park to hold a op place for me.

With forms filled in off I went for a consultation with Mr Super. A very straight talking chap who explained everything without flowering it up, I like the straight approach and knew quickly this is for me, no it wont be a miracle cure, He asked if I'd lost weight before and yes a big 4 stone on LL ! his response was " good so we know you can follow a diet" yes I can however that where it all goes wrong, my weight loss tool ended and so did my will-power so here we go again....... but this time that cheeky little tool (band) isn't going anywhere and I know this is my last chance saloon!

A week before the op of slimfast and here I go to new me..... excitement CHECK, apprehension CHECK, fear for loss of pizza and wine CHECK, Need to return to my former glory CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!!

Mum has just been told and I'm thrilled to say she's over the moons :family2: so YeeeeyHaaaar here I go girls..... I'm on top of the world today (cant guarantee I'll feel the same 2 days post op but hey ho!)

Well done for taking the step because as we all know that's a great big step! I'm sure u won't regret it either. I have checked all the same things off, just hope I will b ok without my weekly takeaway lol

I've been on slim fast pre op diet since 20 march and its very hard but totally worth it. I did initially think 4 weeks was too long but now 9 days till my op I know I will find stage one a lot easier because of it.

Good luck on ur journey x

Wow! well done you for the pre op diet! Its a great way of preparing the mind, we all know we need to change for the better.

To be really honest I work better with food structure in my life, but the structure either ends or isn't sustainable eg: VLCD so I'm really looking forward to this challenge as I know its the only way to keep the pounds at bay.

good luck with your op brownin83 and look forward to a happier future:D

Am glad it went well and I'm glad that all was well with your Mum. I lost my Mum a few years ago, and I wish that I'd had her here for her support.

top kat I'm so sorry that your wonderful mum has passed, the one thing I have noticed is that your a very supportive member on this forum, wise words, helpful comments and great support to many members, so you must have had a fantastic mum as it appears she's passed on those special traits to you.:thankyou:

Back