• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TOTM & Water Retention

phatgirl

I have a question about TOTM & water retention. I have just received my 6 month check-up appointment and yes, again, I will be having my TOTM. It has happened every single time I have been seen post-op and I don't want to carry that extra 3-5lbs to another check-up!!!

So, I remember someone talking on here about an herbal remedy they take that rids them of the water weight during TOTM. Does anyone remember who that was or what they took? Any suggestions are welcome. However, I can't take prescription water pills due to my high blood pressure, it monkies with my other meds:(.

Thanks,
Nic;)

Nic, I can't help with the herbal stuff. But my first instinct when I read this was why bother? It's natural to gain a little around that time, you know it's just fluid, you know it will go next week, so what's the problem?

It's a check up, you're doing amazing, and if you've carried that extra few pounds at every check up, then you're losses will still reflect.

Let nature run it's course, and don't worry the water.

if your on stuff for your blood pressure be really carefull taking anything herbal as they can really mess with some meds, id just go as you are i dont think a couple of pounds in the grande scheme of things will make much difference and if your are totm everytime you go then it will all be about right if that makes sense

You're all right. Why worry, I know but I have kinda set myself a private goal for my 6 months & I promised myself I would go by the clinic scales so...

It doesn't really matter. But I would like the name of that herb, I could run it by my doc before I took it just to be safe. Would be lovely to sort some of the bloat every month because it is so miserable having puffy hands, feet & waistline for 7+ days.

Thanks ladies,
Nic

nic, was it aquaban?

Nic, I have taken aquaban in the past for water retention. But I am not on any other medication so be careful hun.

I have also heard that nettle tea is good for water retention. Sounds revolting but might be worth a go hun xx

Hi nic I remember Diane mentioning something about a herbal remedy of some sort, for pmt. I think it had star in the name! x

Hi there, I posted something about the herbal water tablets a while back. The ones I use are called Water Balance and I got them in Boots. I found that my boobs went down very quickly and generally felt less bloated. My friend tried some and she found her tummy was noticably less bloated after taking them. They contain: Dandelion, Buchu, Parsley and Uva Ursi. Hope this helps.

Thanks ladies!

Nic:p

Back