• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet

belbouteloup

Hiya
Have my date for next month and have to do the pre op diet but i absolutley hate milk, even the smell makes me gag, does anyone know of an alternative diet that has been suggested and followed ?

Many Thanks

i cant stand milk so my alternative was slimfast shakes.. i know they are milk based but at least you have a taste of choc or strawberry with it.. i would of been sick otherwise if i had drank milk alone.. hope that helps
emma

Brilliant !! thank you, i quite like slimfast, at least they dont taste of cow :rolleyes:. do you mind me asking if you lost a lot on your pre op diet ? and was it hard ?

Bells xxx

Surely you told them that you don't LIKE milk when they told you to go on the milk diet??:confused:

It's your body, your choice, your op you know!!

Do you know floella you havent got a clue. I am not upto op dates being given but i can only imagine the emotions that someone must go through when sat in front of the person who is utimatly giving you an opportunity to live life as a healthy person.
I know from personal experiance the amount of times i have gone to a meeting for whatever and thought im going to say this, ask that etc even have the list in my bag and as soon as i walk in the door forget the whole lot.
Being told you have to drink milk to get a means to an ends probably seems do able at the time when your running on excitement, anxiety and a whole range of other emotions but when you come back down to earth and reality hits you then realise that you are not going to be able to do the requested.
So as innocent as you may feel your comment is try putting your brain in gear befor moving the fingers.

hi bells
i lost 8lb in a week maybe would of been a little more but it was time of month..
at the begining it was a bit hard but by the second or third day i wasnt even hungry you will be suprised how filling slimfast is..
i was shocked lol.. and also you will be too excited to be hungry.
emma x

Many thanks Guys. In refernce to your comment Floella, i have to start a diet today, to lose any excess weight, then 2 weeks before my op i start the milk diet which so far i havnt been given till i see my dietician, so i`m terribly sorry if you think i`m a bit dim,but i just havnt got to that stage yet and wanted to find out if there was an alternative.Oh and i`m quite aware it`s my body and my op, so do me a favour and cut out the patronising chat eh ?

Hi Bel

I was given a different diet! but truthfully i couldn't eat everything that was on it!!! I strugged so much..... so i spoke to dietician and changed to the milk diet!!! I am sure if you have a chat with your dietician and explain how much you hate milk, he/she will find you another option!!!!!

We are all here to support you.......

I personally love milk....(sad arent I)

Hi bel, if you look at the stickied topics at the top of the page there is one on pre-op diets which lists which ones people were given and how they found them. I was recommended a VLC diet but chose to do the milk one as I got fed up of weighing everything, so that diet is posted on there in full.

HTH :)

Shel

Back