• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bradford pre op diet

yviec1972

playing the waiting game
Hi. Can anyone tell me what the pre op diet is in bradford. I don't like milk. When I.was pregnant I had to take calcium supplements. Is there an alternative xxx

Hmmm, I pretty much thought that all the pre op diets were similar but I could be wrong. I know that you can drink other stuff (low calorie and low fat) like Bovril, Oxo, Teas/Coffees. You can have x3 sticks of sugar free gum a day and some sugar free jelly. Do you just hate cows milk? How about dried milk like Marvel? I hope this helps a bit x

Last edited:
I'm a milk hater too so I'm a bit worried about this myself, I'm ok with yogurts but really can't stomach milk ...it tastes so vile it makes me sick, even the smell of it turns my stomach. But I'm assuming there must be alternatives for lactose intolerant people and vegans :confused:

I can't stand the stuff never have I have a cup of tea a day.with milk.in but that's it. I can get it down if its in a mcdonalds milkshake but I bet thats not allowed lol xxx

My diet involves no milk but to be fair still sucks , mine is 3 times sml pieces of fruit 2 times chick lean white meat / or white fish and some green veggies plus sf juice oxo etc hope this helps and good luck xx

There are different pre op diets and each hospital has their own way of doing it. For example, l and ds milk diet is something like 6 pints milk with oxo cube and sf jelly. On the other hand other hospitals do 2 pints with yoghurts.

Lactose intolerant people get to use the lactofree milk :)

However, if you mention how you feel I'm sure they will take it into consideration

Thanks guys xxx

Back