• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk Thistle tablets

pixie_lilly

I have just started taking milk thistle tablets to help with liver detox/shrinking. My mother in law had a gastric sleeve and she was told to take them & recommended I do. I haven't heard any one else mention them? Is anyone taking them?

I take milk thistle supplement, and have taken them long before I had my bypass to help keep my liver healthy.. I don't know how effective they are, apart from the fact that even with being very overweight at the time of my surgery, my liver had shrunk, and the surgeon actually commented on the fact it looked very healthy!! so on that basis I still take them even after my bypass..

Wow ! That's really good. I hope it works that well for me. I bought mine off eBay so I hope they don't have talcum powder or something in! I'm glad someone else is on them

i researched them a lot before i bought any the first time, and i found out that you have to have approx 300mgs daily of the sylmarin the active ingredient in milk thistle for it to have any benefit on the liver , so hunted and hunted for a brand where one tablet contained the full 300mg of silymarin so that i didnt have to take more than 1 tablet of it daily, and finally found a brand from fortis health so have taken them ever since.

here is a link if you are interested into the recommended dosage for different purposes of milk thistle..
Milk Thistle Dosage

hope you find this helpful xx

amanda577 said:
i researched them a lot before i bought any the first time, and i found out that you have to have approx 300mgs daily of the sylmarin the active ingredient in milk thistle for it to have any benefit on the liver , so hunted and hunted for a brand where one tablet contained the full 300mg of silymarin so that i didnt have to take more than 1 tablet of it daily, and finally found a brand from fortis health so have taken them ever since.

here is a link if you are interested into the recommended dosage for different purposes of milk thistle..
Milk Thistle Dosage

hope you find this helpful xx

Thank you!! That's really kind of you x wil get some tonight

if you go onto amazon.co.uk and search for fortis health milk thistle extract they will come up they are about £11.00 for 90 tablets but because they are so strong and good quality you only need one a day. They contain 380grams of silymarin in each tablet...

Im being silly, I can just send you the link to the amazon link..
Milk Thistle Extract 380mg - UK's most potent & effective form of Milk Thistle. 90 Tablets. 304mg Silymarin: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

these really are the best that I have ever found, and this company delivers quickly and has a good reputation...

gee that is really really cheap!!! mine cost 11.60 for 90 tablets.. You will have to let me know where you are getting them from, and if they are any good if you would.. thanks..

Oh wow. Glad I looked at this post. I am taking Arnica but never heard of Milk Thissle. It would be beneficial for me as I have a bit of a sluggish liver anyway. Thanks x

isnt arnica to help with healing or something incognito

Yeah and it brings out bruising. Had it when I had my ceasarian and not an ounce of trouble. No pain whats so ever

Oh, sorry it said £1.49 but cause I bought 90 they were £3.49 + 99p postage. Still cheap tho! They're 5p size so quite big to take three a day.

Back