• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello :)

mrshengy

Hi, I'm hoping to get funding for a bypass at Luton & Dunstable hospital, my doctor referred me and at my first appointment the nurse said as my bmi was 52.6 I will do the 6month programme then get put forward to surgery, well I'm now half way thro the programme & after loosing 25lb on the milk diet I'm now below 50 on my bmi, so the nurse now says I may have to wait 12 months???? Surely that's not right, can anyone shed some light on this please?
Xx

Hello Mrshengy!
Welcome to a fantastic site! good luck in all you wish I cant help you with your question but I know someone will pop up who can just sit tight !

Hi

I hope you get a answer to your question cos it would be interesting to find out. I thought everything was based on your starting BMI but maybe not

Hi, I'm hoping to get funding for a bypass at Luton & Dunstable hospital, my doctor referred me and at my first appointment the nurse said as my bmi was 52.6 I will do the 6month programme then get put forward to surgery, well I'm now half way thro the programme & after loosing 25lb on the milk diet I'm now below 50 on my bmi, so the nurse now says I may have to wait 12 months???? Surely that's not right, can anyone shed some light on this please?
Xx
Hi - welcome to the group. that doesn't sound right to me - all of my appointments used my initial weight and BMI as the starting point for discussion. Does your hospital have a bariatric co-ordinator you can ask? Or can you use the NAICE guidelines to support your case?

Hi, I thought it was all based on your starting weight. I hope so as I am in the same position as you, BMI just over 50:(. Good luck, hope you get sorted soon x

Back