• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mini gastric bypass.HELP!

Thx jan52,did the pain killers work that they gave u after the op.wots it like when u laugh as I was hoping to watch married with children on my I-pad,to cheer me up?Al Bundy may just literally kill me this time.

Hey Marcos!... How's it going?.... They only gave me liquid paracetamol through a drip!.. I'm allergic to Morphine!.. But I coped okay! Hopefully you might get something a bit stronger but if your hurting tell them and they will give you something!... I had a good laugh with my mate and held a pillow over my tum!... Laughing is good for your lungs! Lol.

Hi jan52,bring on the morphine any day.mind u the laughing gas & air for the endoscopy was fun they can bring that on too after op.yee ha!

How many have had or are having the Gastric Mini Bypass? I think it would be good to know all to relate to each other. Come on,stand up & be counted. Blinking eck,I haven't slept & it's 4:00am.im off to the meat counter in 2hrs.so coupled along with the anaesthetic itll be like waking the dead.

Hi jan52,bring on the morphine any day.mind u the laughing gas & air for the endoscopy was fun they can bring that on too after op.yee ha!

Haha... Enjoy the ride!... I didn't have to have the endoscopy thingie!.. I arrived in Belgium Thursday late afternoon, hospital Friday at 7am and was in theatre by 11 AM.. Home Monday evening!..... Hope all goes great Marcos!... We will be thinking about you!... Not long now till your on the Losers bench! :)

Hi Marcus, I had the MGB done 4 days ago. Was bit pain afterwards but feel good now and no appetite at all!! Hope you're ok over there?! Can't ask you anything in French apart from chateau, gateau (mmm cake!) and frog. Enjoy your mushy food after, it's yummy!!!!
Jo x

I'm on the bench.what a rush!went in wednesday 9:00(after being pushed from pillar to post,blood sample,shaving the op area,showered,dressed pre med all in one hr )I've eaten nought since Tuesday afternoon & it's now fri afternoon.just arrived at hotel le shattered.i managed to bring soup sachets,so I'm having 1/2 watered down now whoopee-do! At least I can get some sleep here.i must admit I'm not in as much pain as I thought I would ve been.

Hi Marcus, I had the MGB done 4 days ago. Was bit pain afterwards but feel good now and no appetite at all!! Hope you're ok over there?! Can't ask you anything in French apart from chateau, gateau (mmm cake!) and frog. Enjoy your mushy food after, it's yummy!!!! Jo x

Hi Lily Jo..... Nice to have another MGB er!... I noticed on another thread I carnt find now you mentioned you were prescribed 2 tablets to avoid gall stones.... I wonder if you could tell me what they are etc!.... The down side to going abroad is you don't seem to get the same level of aftercare and advice on going and my GP seems to know next to nothing on bypass opps aftercare etc!... I was just told vitamins and Omnaprozole ( anti acid) but have read elsewhere about Actagol ? For gall stones and bile that turns to sludge after rapid weight loss!... I asked GP and she hadn't heard of it but it is a concern for me!.. I've had my gall bladder removed a few years ago due to massive gall stones and since had problems with Pancreas etc and extreme pain where I was admitted so I think I could benefit from something to keep my bile fluid!

Hi Jan, the pills I'm on for gall stones is ursodeoxycholic acid-what a mouthful!! I have to take 1 and a half tablets twice a day. Think it's only a short term thing for those. I have to admit, it's a bit of a wait for NHS ops but the aftercare is fab!! Hope you're doing good
Jo
X

Pleased you're feeling good Marcus, just take it easy though, you've still had a pretty big op and your body will take time to recover!! Enjoy your soup
Jo
X

Yay - glad you're back to the hotel Marcos. Take it easy and rest as much as you can.

Brilliant Marcos! ..glad your doing okay!.... Get loads of sleep and enjoy your soup!.... When do you get back to the UK?

Hi Jan, the pills I'm on for gall stones is ursodeoxycholic acid-what a mouthful!! I have to take 1 and a half tablets twice a day. Think it's only a short term thing for those. I have to admit, it's a bit of a wait for NHS ops but the aftercare is fab!! Hope you're doing good Jo X

Thanks so much Lily Jo!..... It seems NHS is a bit of a post code lottery!... My GP would not give me a referral after several times of trying over several years! But I see quite a few people with less weight than me being referred without question..... I was told I wouldn't be considered without a BMI of 50+ even though the nice guide line is 40. But hey Ho!.... It's done now!... And I'm on my way to a slimmer me... Hopefully!.... 1st stone gone I hope forever! Yay!

Thx all for your well wishes.i had no hope getting any help from nhs.i think in Wales we get free prescriptions so anything else we can go & sing.Makes me wanna go and order some paracetamol but then they llCharge for the carrier bag.politics eh!more like bolitics.
Blinking Eck not more tablets.is it just me,but my whole body feels bruised like I'd been 10 rounds with clubber Lang.just this minute spoke to the op coordinator & she said about actogol that it would depend on the medication and the need for each individual.its funny too that some of us Mgbp didn't need to go on a LSDIET I was told it's only necessary for full bypass as they have to move the liver,but not with ours.strange I want food but then Again I don't!!!

Thx all for your well wishes.i had no hope getting any help from nhs.i think in Wales we get free prescriptions so anything else we can go & sing.Makes me wanna go and order some paracetamol but then they llCharge for the carrier bag.politics eh!more like bolitics. Blinking Eck not more tablets.is it just me,but my whole body feels bruised like I'd been 10 rounds with clubber Lang.just this minute spoke to the op coordinator & she said about actogol that it would depend on the medication and the need for each individual.its funny too that some of us Mgbp didn't need to go on a LSDIET I was told it's only necessary for full bypass as they have to move the liver,but not with ours.strange I want food but then Again I don't!!!
Marcos I was put on the LSD on my MGBP, it helps us get a bit of weight off before going under the knife, as there is always a risk,when you are back in the uk, go back to your GP, as you will need to be on vitamins for the rest of your life , and blood tests,

The surgeon mentioned I'm to get vitamins and anti reflux ones from Gp.tomorrow I see the surgeon before I leave for Portsmouth.hes going to show me how to inject myself for the next 9 days.i ve been told my stitches maybe dissolvable so that will be one less thing to beg from the gp.

Back