• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie ,mini gastric bypass

Curls40

It's all happened quickly here, got a phone call Monday,there was a cancellation, my appointment was today to discuss my surgery,
It's been decided that I'm having a mini gastric bypass,I need support,and advice please, as no one but people on here will know what I'm going to be going through,or how I'm thinking, date is set,18 September, haven't told anyone about my plans apart from my son and husband,

Welcome!! Good luck with your journey. Which hospital are you with? Nhs or private? I didnt know they do mini bypass in uk. Oh well you learn new things everyday :)

This site is really informative and people are nice here. I found lots and lots support and infirmation . My surgery is not approved yet. So i am still at a very begining if my journey.

Hello curls!
Im very sure someone will pop up soon and answer your call
People on here are so helpful
Good luck with everything

I've done the weigh ahead programme to get to this stage it was a six month course,lost 24lbs, I'm Nhs funded, the mini gastric bypass is what is going to work for me my consultant said, he is not keen on doing the band as he said it is fading out,and requires fills.which I want something that will work for me. Why did you think they didn't do the MGBP in the uk please,I'm just curious,

Excuse my ignorance but what is a mini gastric bypass and how does it differ to a mormal gastric bypass?

I'm sorry but I don't know the difference , it's what my surgeon offered me , all I know is he told emit can be reversed if needed to, where the gastric sleeve can't.he didnt seem to keen to practice the gastric band.

Hi, I had a mini gastric bypass 23rd April 2014.

I had the surgery in France, I was told by the hospital group they don't do the surgery in the uk so I'm surprised that your having it done here.

I chose this procedure as they say its reversible but I'm not really sure it is after doing a lot of research but I do know you get the same results as a normal gastric bypass, I was just scared to go the whole hog and get the main one done and the sleeve didn't appeal to me as I have a bad sweet tooth and would binge on chocolate so I needed something that would tell me of ie dumping. I have not had any chocolate since surgery and not bothered by it at all. So don't no if I will dump on it but I have dumped on salad with chilli sauce. Recovery was fine with no problems I was back to work within 2 weeks but I only work part time but was very tired.

Truthfully I don't Even know I have had surgery until I eat and the restriction reminds me I have had surgery.
I had no pre op diet, since the day of surgery I have lost 31lbs in about 6 weeks.

Good to hear from someone who is having the same op as me , my consultation is from Belgium I think,
I'm havering my op at the spire in southampton, he offered me the sleeve , but said the mini bypass would work best for me,
Well done with you weight loss,x

Susan 56

Hi My name is Sue I'm new I'm 57 and bee overweight most of my adult life.
I had my gastric bypass in Jan 13th 2014 I weighted 21 st 7lb but at 23st at my heaviest I had my surgery was at Shrewsbury Royal Hospital, Mr Rivera did the operation, I'm down to 15.12 in 6 months I think that it's brilliant, the only downside is I am suffering from fatigue it's like someone has taken my batteries out and I just fall asleep for hour's had some blood tests and it's showing that I have anemia so I'm on ironItablets at the moment, does anyone else have similar problems with fatigue?I would be interested to hear from you xxx

Hi I'm deb had mini gastric bypass 22march no problems sailing along 65lb down I had it at Sunderland best thing I've done still a lot of foods to try and never had alcohol but still not regretting it you go for it

Hiya welcome to the forum, ive never heard of a mini bypass but if that's what our having research the heck out of it before you go ahead, plus stick around here, lots of info and support.

It's all booked in for September,I understand it can be reversed, consultant wasn't keen on given me the grastic band,

hi and welcome never heard of the procedure

Hi I'm deb had mini gastric bypass 22march no problems sailing along 65lb down I had it at Sunderland best thing I've done still a lot of foods to try and never had alcohol but still not regretting it you go for it
Thank you debs , how long did it take before you returned to work, I'm hoping for a miracle, that the weight will stay off and never return

I would have gone straight back I had no pain or pain relief even question if they did the opp but work insisted 6 weeks I even went on holiday at 4 weeks out no pain even with cabin pressure been back to work 6 weeks on Saturday and I feel fine loads of energy and weight still coming off another 3 lbs this week so 2 more pounds and that will be 5 stone and it's 12 weeks on Saturday so all is good , good luck with your journey deb x

I would have gone straight back I had no pain or pain relief even question if they did the opp but work insisted 6 weeks I even went on holiday at 4 weeks out no pain even with cabin pressure been back to work 6 weeks on Saturday and I feel fine loads of energy and weight still coming off another 3 lbs this week so 2 more pounds and that will be 5 stone and it's 12 weeks on Saturday so all is good , good luck with your journey deb x
Amazing ,well done you?x

Back