• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mixed emotions

rayner

I have never managed to lose weight up until now . Since i have been given my op date for june 2nd i have lost my appetite and lost 9lbs !!! I am that frightened im even thinking about not having it done :( I keep telling myself its a bit drastic and do i really need it, am i that fat ?, my consultant has got it all wrong ( i wish ) .... GRRR constant battle in my head... My divorce was so much easier compared to this :)

My op is on Monday and I'm having the same feelings. Pre-op jitters I think as if we sit down and calmly think it all through it is the right decision.

Stay calm and remember the real reason you need to do this get your photos out then you'll remember. This is your chance take it with both hands. xx

rayner said:
I have never managed to lose weight up until now . Since i have been given my op date for june 2nd i have lost my appetite and lost 9lbs !!! I am that frightened im even thinking about not having it done :( I keep telling myself its a bit drastic and do i really need it, am i that fat ?, my consultant has got it all wrong ( i wish ) .... GRRR constant battle in my head... My divorce was so much easier compared to this :)

I went through the same thing and had a bit of a panic about never being able to eat certain things again. I have lost over 3 stone since I was referred and I also queried wether is was drastic and did I need it? I am on the milk diet ATM and have my op on Thursday, but it was a cancellation and therefore a bit of a shock. I think it is something that everyone goes through, however briefly, because it is such a big change. However, I know that in my heart, whatever I have lost I will put back on. I have also been able to sort out in my head (after fantastic advice from others) that even though there are some things I won't be able to have again, that I will never again feel the intense hunger and as such craving for the same food as before. Also with a little bit of adaptation I will be able to have low fat, low sugar versions of those foods and there are so many thing other than food that I have to look forward in the future :) Hope that helps xx

i know how you feel my op is on friday and i,m starting to doubt myself as i have lost a lot of weight even on the pre op diet i think its just sheer terror putting me off tho x

Thank you for the replies its good to hear im not the only person battling with this !!! i was beginning to think i needed a padded cell :) And good luck with your ops ladies hope all goes well.... look forward to hearing all about them xx

Reading these posts is keeping me sain im due for mine on sunday 13th. keep talking myself in to do i really need this? what if i cant do it? but just to know ur all feeling simular is helping me through thankyou all :)

i think everyone goes through the same so its good that we can help each other out and give each other advice x

Back