• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sickness & emotions!!!

chrissy100

Hi

It is nearly 4 weeks since I had my balloon fitted. I have felt sick every day since then. I can't drink the amount I should, can't take my tablets, feel sick after I have eaten and I know I am not eating too much.

Also my emotions are running so high. I am constantly in tears. I have lost 2 stone in the 4 weeks, but I can't feel happy about it all, because I feel so low and sick.

Has anyone else had this problem with the balloon? I didn't expect anything like this.

I am now worried about how I am going to feel once I have the by-pass done next year and not sure if I want to go through it if I am going to feel like this all the time.

Chrissy x

Hi Chrissy sorry to hear you struggling. I did feel sick a lot after the bypass, whatever I ate, used to drink peppermint tea that used to help a bit, I was never physically sick though but felt it a lot. It does pass, but if i ever have anything with fat or should i say more fat than I REALISED I feelvery sickly still. Small price to pay though for what I have achieved. Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday and hopefully we will have a good chat xx We will cheer you up lovely xx

Hi Chrissy. I was also very sick for a while after the bypass but it went around 8 weeks post op. Some people don't feel sick at all or only just a bit nauseous. I've never had the balloon but I have heard that the fact it's a foreign object in your stomach can make you have a lot of sickness, probably more than most bypassers have or if they do have the sickness usually subsides quite quickly as the recovery goes on. As someone who went through it I would say it is worth the sickness for what you get from your bypass. Might it be worth going to to your GP for some anti sickness tablets? they helped me. Lots of luck x

Thank you to both of you for your comments.

I know I am probably being a baby. But feeling so sick all the time, can be so debilitating and my motivation seems to have gone, even for getting out of bed in the mornings.

I think I will ask for some more anti sickness tablets. Will let you know how I get on.

Any other fellow ballooners having or had a similar problem. Please let me know how you coped with it. xx

HI Chrissy :)

Am sorry to hear you are having problems..
I felt sick for the 1st month but now i cant feel balloon and have no side affects..
I think a lot of people have problems because a
friend of mine said she felt sick for all 6 months it
was in..
I am sorry i am not much help hopefully some one
can advise you more ..

Take care

Nicky xx

Back