• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mixing up slim fast

sophiapink100

So in the last couple of days I've wanted anything to help me get slim fasts down.

I've come up with the following -

Coffee mixed with a little bit if vanilla shake.

My fave is for those that have a food blender -

Throw your shake in, add some ice and a shot of espresso (done this with vanilla, latte and chocolate) mix it up and you get what's similar to a frappe. Considering I hate slim fast this is very drinkable.

I start on Weds. I'm thinking of freezing some of the SlimFast meals. Also I can freeze herbal teas to make a 'meal' with zero calories.

I start on Weds. I'm thinking of freezing some of the SlimFast meals. Also I can freeze herbal teas to make a 'meal' with zero calories.

I tried freezing mine but wasn't so keen. I am really struggling to get enough in me. Do you have plans of what you will eat leading up to it? I felt like I was having a food funeral lol

No. But with two days left I'm lining up my favourite foods.

Oh my. I havent started my diet yet. Im only going to see if im approved this time. Is it terribly hard not eating and can you drink as much as you want? I am completely new to everything.

Oh my. I havent started my diet yet. Im only going to see if im approved this time. Is it terribly hard not eating and can you drink as much as you want? I am completely new to everything.

Hey, good luck with the appointment.

You can drink as many clear fluids as you like. If you do the slim fast it ranges dependant on provider. I am allowed 5 a day.

I have found it hard beyond belief, but they always say the more times you do it the harder and this is my 3rd time.

I just started my slim fast diet yesterday and while I don't mind the taste I definitely get a protein aftertaste.

Thanks for the idea about putting fruit in it, think that will help with the after taste and make it feel a bit more like I'm having a meal. Hopefully it will stave off the hunger for a little while longer!!

I just started my slim fast diet yesterday and while I don't mind the taste I definitely get a protein aftertaste. Thanks for the idea about putting fruit in it, think that will help with the after taste and make it feel a bit more like I'm having a meal. Hopefully it will stave off the hunger for a little while longer!!

Be careful putting fruit in, check with your provider :)

Agreed, fruit is full of natural sugar which is a carb and will effect your liver shrinkage diet with negative effects.

I think the fruit option is for post-op only unless you have approval elsewhere. Also the post-op shakes may be different to pre-op as some people become lactose intolerant so it would define choice. Also I think Slimfast is pre-op only due to the sugar content.

You can have 2 pieces on the LCD though can't you?

Not according to my surgeon. He's set it at 3x Slimfast/day. So freezing flavoured water or herbal teas is about the only way I can think of to bulk the meals.

It starts tomorrow. I'll have one last meal tonight to use up some foods but after that it's wall bouncing time until I can adapt.

I've been doing the slim fast diet since Sunday and I have to say it is not as bad as I thought it would be. Yes I get a bit hungry between meals but it's not too bad and as I have a major sweet tooth the slimfast have satisfied that so I don't really crave anything. Moving onto clear liquids tomorrow as my op is on sat and I think I might struggle with that more but we shall see.

I've also been using straws to have the slim fast so I don't just gulp it down in one. Helps me to take my time over it and I definitely think it tricks my stomach into thinking it's having a meal. I would certainly recommend it!

Back