• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mixing up slim fast

All I've been told is 3 slimfast shakes and 1.5 litres of water/day.

I have also added zero calorie (or very low calorie and additionally diluted NAS cordial and flavoured water) liquid.

At the end of the second day the cravings are painful. There's too much food in the kitchen, I even give a tired looking banana the 'sehnsucht' look (sorry to use German, no English word has quite the same power, it means longing/yearning/craving all in one word). I have some frozen drinks - perhaps they'll help or I'll end up needing a sleeping pill.

All I've been told is 3 slimfast shakes and 1.5 litres of water/day. I have also added zero calorie (or very low calorie and additionally diluted NAS cordial and flavoured water) liquid. At the end of the second day the cravings are painful. There's too much food in the kitchen, I even give a tired looking banana the 'sehnsucht' look (sorry to use German, no English word has quite the same power, it means longing/yearning/craving all in one word). I have some frozen drinks - perhaps they'll help or I'll end up needing a sleeping pill.

Oh bless ya, it is horrible. I was miserable as sin my first week and no one wanted to come near me, I cried, screamed etc. You can do it :)

I don't really have a sweet tooth and find the SlimFast far too sweet. I'm actually considering mixing with an unsweetened protein to dull it a bit.

I don't really have a sweet tooth and find the SlimFast far too sweet. I'm actually considering mixing with an unsweetened protein to dull it a bit.

Try adding water, that's what I had to do I started off just adding a little and by the end I was doing half slimfast half water and stiring

It's already thin enough - I was thinking on the lines of LESS milk so it's thicker. Hmm

You can have 2 pieces on the LCD though can't you?

Ahh ok. I was the opposite it was too thick for me. Hmm not sure what to suggest :-( is it getting any easier?

Not really. The problem is cooking smells, seeing other people eat and food that's around the house, especially the kitchen.

I did mix part of my lunch shake with coffee, it was a good variety - added enough sweetness and milk to not need anything extra. Have some frozen NAS drinks for when the cravings hit later.

Keeping myself to myself but internally a bit stir crazy (a bit too typically British, haha).

Not really. The problem is cooking smells, seeing other people eat and food that's around the house, especially the kitchen. I did mix part of my lunch shake with coffee, it was a good variety - added enough sweetness and milk to not need anything extra. Have some frozen NAS drinks for when the cravings hit later. Keeping myself to myself but internally a bit stir crazy (a bit too typically British, haha).

It does drive you stir crazy! I have found being on low calories has made me sooo tired. Have you had the same? Just let it all out on here don't suffer alone Hun

It does drive you stir crazy! I have found being on low calories has made me sooo tired. Have you had the same? Just let it all out on here don't suffer alone Hun

Totally. Becoming a couch potato. Clearing through the TiVo right now.

Trying not to eat my laptop. The mouse looks nice though.

I felt exactly the same! Even bought myself a few dvd boxsets to take my mind of feeling hungry.

It will come round really quickly I promise!

I felt exactly the same! Even bought myself a few dvd boxsets to take my mind of feeling hungry.

It will come round really quickly I promise!

I'm watching the World Cup and watching the first season of The Tomorrow People (US version), season 4 of West Wing, season 3 of Deep Space 9 and season 2 of House of Cards (US version).

Back