• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Move over Bruno - Slinky is on her way....

novamay

Born Free
Got a shock yesterday - I went to my psychology session as normal and was asked what I wanted to do next.

I had thought we were going down the route for second balloon but he threw a curve ball at me - told me to think about what I wanted to do in terms of surgery... He still didn't feel that a full bypass would be for me as I do still occassionally emotionally eat (totm, work stresses etc) - but I'm working on it! But he didn't want to do nothing as I could probably turn back to old ways once Bruno balloon has been removed. So, I'm potentially looking at a Sleeve - 'Slinky Sleeve ???' as a next step. I'll have to do some research on this as surgery as I've concentrated mostly on bypass.

Has anyone had Sunderland refuse to do sleeve because of patient's potential to emotionally eat?

How much time off work is expected with a Sleeve? When can I drive? I have a desk job - not much heavy work but a long drive to work.

Bellydancer57

I didn't have a psychologist but had a sleeve 4 months ago.
I was lucky as had no pain & scars healed within 2 weeks. I was allowed to drive with doctors & insurance company permissions after 2 weeks. I was very active post op but did get a wee bit tired for the first 4 weeks.