• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr Mannur/Homerton Hospital anyone on his waiting list?

PinkyButtonz

Just to let any of you know that are on Mr Mannur waiting list, that he has a back log of cases.

I'm in regular contact with the Bariatric Nurse. I spoke to her this morning and she said my case had not yet been discussed, and that he had a back log cases. She was hoping they would get round to discussing mine case along with others in the next 2-3 week. I was told the same 2 weeks ago.

Hi m8 i spoke to diane last week and said mine was due 4 disussuion in a week or 2 but none got done this week due to him not being in which isnt helping me or you at all the best to call next thursday to see if his done aymore xx

Heya I'm under Mannur too. Went to collect my sleep monitor from the chest hospital today to do the sleepstudy tonight, Go back in July for results. told them today to send the results to coppack/mannur at Homerton.

Ive been physically on Manuurs list for over a year so I guess I must be one of the back log.

Thanks for the info Pinky, heres hoping mine will get discussed soon then.

Hi m8 i spoke to diane last week and said mine was due 4 disussuion in a week or 2 but none got done this week due to him not being in which isnt helping me or you at all the best to call next thursday to see if his done aymore xx

Hi, I did think of ring Diana, but had second thoughts. Its so difficult to get through.

As I said, I phone Bariatric Nurse fortnightly. I think because I have asked before if they have disscussed my case, she remembered and volunteered they infor. I see if she brings it up when I ring her in 2 weeks time. Hopefully it will be good news for us both.

Heya I'm under Mannur too. Went to collect my sleep monitor from the chest hospital today to do the sleepstudy tonight, Go back in July for results. told them today to send the results to coppack/mannur at Homerton.

Ive been physically on Manuurs list for over a year so I guess I must be one of the back log.

Hi, I wish I had done my sleep study at home. Didn't get much sleep that night. I was so worried I'd keep everyone awake with my snoring when I realised I wasn't going to be alone. I was on a small ward with 2 others, one of which snored for England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales LOL.

I had mine on 24/05/09. I haven't had the result yet and don't have a follow up appointment. My gp said to come back to her if I didn't hear in 2-3 weeks.

I'm now wondering if the back log is just with discussing cases or with the op's also. I know he said he does 10 op's a week. He also does private work.

I know your case is unusal (length of time you have waited), but the nurse said once cases are discussed and funding is in place they like to get on with the op's. She said mine would be done this year. I hope she's right.

Gosh girls thats a long wait, I was offered Homerton as a second to Luton and Dunstable but stuck to Luton as seemed silly to go to London when the other is on my doorstep so to speak
Hope you all get some movement soon

Jay xx

Many of his patients come from all over the country. He has people that have been waiting for many years on other lists and transferred to him.

Hi hope u dont mind me asking y has it took a year so far have they not agreed to ya op yet as i was told that takes a matter of weeks

sarah xx

Heya girls :) Sorry I didnt reply sooner, bt interglobal magawebs went titsup last night, think they were doing upgrades lol.

Sarah, my initial referral was over 2 years ago but I got referred by a consultant I see at Newham for something else. He referrred me to Barts and the London, had 3 apps there over a period of a few months and was then transferred to Mannur at Homerton.

Like Pinky I have a range of co-morbidities including a clotting disorder and lung complications. So Mannur referred me to his colleague for a second opinion and to get lots of different tests carried out. I last saw Mannur's colleague 18 March and he said he was happy to agree to the surgery as long as aneasthetists were happy. I then was sent a letter to go for sleep tests. which i had last night, well I didnt manage to get much sleep lol but that another story (note I'm sitting here at 7am writing this).

I think the problem lies with having to wait a couple of months each time you need a different appointment for a different test, then a wait for the results then another referral etc.

The way it was explained to me is that there is not a lot of research on people with my type of conditions having this type of surgery, and tbh for a large percentage of people with this condition, the weight problems are usually that they are underweight.
Whilst I am aware of at least 2 people on this site that have similar conditions to me for all I know we are the only 3 people in the country to also need/have wls. that doesnt leave the consultants with a lot to go on.

I know Pinky has not had to be referred to Mannurs colleague, maybe I had to because of the lung issues, not too sure. Either way I would rather them be safe than sorry.

Think I'm on the home run now wahoo!

Hope you are all ok today, take care Xx

Mannur did my bypass, and will be doing my gallbladder removal on 3rd Aug, he has a large following privately as well as via NHS. He is an excellent surgeon, privately he operates via surgicare at The London Independent (BMI group) or Rodin Spire health group and i am prepared to travel to the other side of london so he can do my gallbladder removal.

When i saw him in April he did say he would be on holiday in the next few months so thats probably where he is ATM

Mannur did my bypass, and will be doing my gallbladder removal on 3rd Aug, he has a large following privately as well as via NHS. He is an excellent surgeon, privately he operates via surgicare at The London Independent (BMI group) or Rodin Spire health group and i am prepared to travel to the other side of london so he can do my gallbladder removal.

When i saw him in April he did say he would be on holiday in the next few months so thats probably where he is ATM

After my first appointment I googled him and found he does a lot privately. Don't know how he finds the time, but am grateful I'm on his NHS list. I have only heard good things about him. He also came across very nice when I me him. I can see why people are like yourself are prepared to travel to see him.

Back