• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr Patel - Sheffield

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Hi, I am a newbie & have just been put on Mr Patel's list last week. I have tried finding out about him but there is nothing. Lots about Mr Ackroyd but Mr Patel seems not to exist, except he does, as I have seen him & he was lovely. I know this is a fairly old thread but hope someone will see my post, who has had Mr Patel as their surgeon & can fill me in. x
:confused:

Hi, I am a newbie & have just been put on Mr Patel's list last week. I have tried finding out about him but there is nothing. Lots about Mr Ackroyd but Mr Patel seems not to exist, except he does, as I have seen him & he was lovely. I know this is a fairly old thread but hope someone will see my post, who has had Mr Patel as their surgeon & can fill me in.
[/B]

Hi, I am a newbie & have just been put on Mr Patel's list last week. I have tried finding out about him but there is nothing. Lots about Mr Ackroyd but Mr Patel seems not to exist, except he does, as I have seen him & he was lovely. I know this is a fairly old thread but hope someone will see my post, who has had Mr Patel as their surgeon & can fill me in.

welcome twinkletwinkle.. i have heard of Mr Patel, although i am not under him... hopefully someone will be along shortly who knows of him...have you tried to type his name in under the search menu above? you might get something from there, take care and good luck on your journey xx

Thank you Shannon. Not much available about him on here either. Hope he isn't a figment of my imagination .. lol x

Hope you find something hon! Ur deffo not dreaming as I once met him but I ended up under dr ackrord I just saw dr patel for a chat very early in the beginning when ackroyd was to busy!! Good luck on your journey xx

Hello :)

I guess you were at the meeting in Sheffield last week at the Northern General?
I normally do a presentation at these but I was on holiday.

Mr.Patel is a very good guy :)

Hi, I have done a bit more digging & have found Mr Patel but he is registered under his full name which is Kirtikbhai A Patel. Not much to say really other than he is listed at The Thornbury & The Claremont (both private hospitals) & is not a Mr which I thought you had to be to be a surgeon (I could be wrong about that). He seemed to be a really nice man & I am guessing Mr Ackroyd would not have him on his team if he was not excellent but at this point I am worrying about everything & I mean everything .... I have waited a long time for this & may be overthinking it. When my husband had heart surgery it was reassuring to look his surgeon up & see his stats but there is nothing like this available for Mr Patel.
Do you know any more, Mixman? I am sure he is a good guy, but is he a good surgeon? I wonder what criteria decides which surgeon you get?
Any answers would be much appreciated. thanks in advance x:confused:

Last edited:
Hi, I have done a bit more digging & have found Mr Patel but he is registered under his full name which is Kirtikbhai A Patel. Not much to say really other than he is listed at The Thornbury & The Claremont (both private hospitals) & is not a Mr which I thought you had to be to be a surgeon (I could be wrong about that though). He seemed to be a really nice man & I am guessing Mr Ackroyd would not have him on his team if he was not excellent but at this point I am worrying about everything & I mean everything .... I have waited a long time for this & may be overthinking it. When my husband had heart surgery it was reassuring to look his surgeon up & see his stats but there is nothing like this available for Mr Patel.
I wonder what criteria decides which surgeon you get?
Any answers would be much appreciated. thanks in advance x:confused:

Hi TwinkleTwinkle ... I'm a newbie, too, however I have already had some good help and advice on here, so I am sure there will be someone that can reassure you a little.

I understand your concerns ... whichever surgery you have, it is life changing ... and no easy decision to make.

Which type of surgery are you looking to have?

Hi Kim, It was decided I should have the gastric bypass but know this can change on the table. I am just a bit concerned that there is so little about this particular surgeon but, hey ho, at least I am getting the op. Yeh ....

goodmorning!
is dr/mr patel a new consultant? did he used to be a registrar under the other team? the surgeon i had is a new consultant, but he used to be under mr balapuri as his reg..... this was why i couldnt find any info on my surgeon, but i knew he was good anyway because he helped my old consultant remove,insert, and remove my old bands before he made his consultantancy, i am sure you are in safe hands xxx

Hi Shannon, I think you are right. He may still be a registrar but I suppose they all have to come up through the ranks & I am feeling much calmer about it all today.... 1st panic over. Thanks :)

Hi twinkle twinkle, I know a couple of surgeons who call themselves Dr's even though been consultant surgeon for years. They say they worked hard to get the title Dr's and don't want to give it up, sorry don't know anything about your surgeon but I'm sure you'll be fine

Hi Shannon, I think you are right. He may still be a registrar but I suppose they all have to come up through the ranks & I am feeling much calmer about it all today.... 1st panic over. Thanks :)

i like the phrase " first panic over"...lol.... obviously you are a realist xx

Back