• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr. Patel

ovalwhiskers

So I'm thinking of having a vsg done by Mr. Patel. His prices seem reasonable and he seems to have a lot of experience.

Any sleevers been done (or should i say operated on) by him?

Any advice or stories much appreciated.

Thanks,
Clare

Hi. I have a consultation with him on 2nd April. I have spoken to his assistant and asked how/why they can charge less than everyone else. She said its because they use an NHS hospital and not a private hospital. He does also do surgery in private hospitals, but they cost 10k. He does Nhs and private surgeries.

A colleague of mine had a sleeve with him. He did have complications, but could not recommend him enough (he did already have other health issues when he went in). When I asked his assistant about my friend (I did not tell her his name), she said 'that must have been Alan, he's the only one we've had with that complication'. It kinda reassured me that she remembered the guys name after 3 years! It made me think they obviously don't have many issues, if he is the only one in 3 years!

He doesn't regret it at all. He has kept most of his weight off. And he is not exactly good! He drinks quite a bit.

Thats pretty much the extent of my knowledge. I
Plan to have my surgery beginning of June.

Met Mr Patel today. Thought he was lovely, very reassuring and made me feel at ease. I'm going to book my surgery with him

I am having a sleeve with Mr Patel on the 3rd of May, he is a lovely man with a great reputation, he did my sisters RNY back in 2008, I did not hesitate in my choice of him as my surgeon
Best of luck :)
Ax

Back