• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Multivitamins and anything extra

There have been many posts about this subject. My hospital sent me home with multivit drops, you will need these or something that will dissolve or melt in your mouth and make sure they are sugar free. They gave me calcium chewable tablets to take twice a day. Depemds on your provider I'm guessing. You will need to take these forever. hope that's helpful. x x

i am sure you can get them on prescription and i expect you will get list from hospital but someone post op will be along shortly.

love juliex

immediately post op you will need something chewy like bassetts multivitamins, then when you can eat solids, any complete multivitamins and minerals will be ok ( i cut mine in half).

My surgeon had also recommended Selenium to prevent hair loss. I got mine from holland and barrett, and you should take them for about 6 months once ur on solids.

Hi

Sorry if this has been answered before, probably has lots of times!

Was just wondering what multivitamins to get ready for post op next weekend? Does anyone know the best type to take with the best amount of vits/minerals?

Also should I take anything else alongside them?

Many thanks

Ive not even been offered any multivitamines or any thing of the sorts!

I took the Bassetts chewy tablets for a month post-op then went to my GP and asked for Forceval. This is a complete A-Z vitamin mineral gel capsule which we can easily digest. As I need to take them for life he prescribes them 3-monthly, so it keeps the cost down.

Back