• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Multivitamins?

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
I am on my Pre-Op diet, and have started to take Multivitamins, is this OK, or should I wait until post op.

P.S Sorry if this seems like a silly question. :eek:

I have started my pre op diet today and someone advised me to take them so I hope it's ok, lol x

I agree with the others, Kim. Certainly can't do any harm.

Hi,

Probably a good idea, you might have to change to a prescription multi-vit after your op though.

x

I am on my Pre-Op diet, and have started to take Multivitamins, is this OK, or should I wait until post op.

P.S Sorry if this seems like a silly question. :eek:
HI

I havent started mine , but I would have thought this be ok and help towards ya recovery x x
All the best - MeJulie x x

I am doing the same thing so I hope it's ok!!!

I took multivitamins before my surgery and the dietition said that was ok and it wouldn't do any harm - good luck x

as others have said, it can't hurt ya!! i took a Lloyds pharmacy one, like an A-Z one, had 100% of all the vits and mins you need, i now take Forceval on prescription, does the same i guess

Taking a multi vit certainly wont do you any harm pre op, but your probably wasting your time (unless you have to take them for some sort of medical reason) as you have enough calories stored as fat for your body to live on happily for a while. Post op you will have to adopt a vitimin and suppliment regime.

hi i was told in fact it was listed on my pre op sheet. So i would reccomend you start them now. When you start milk you have no nutrients so need them good luck

I have started to take a multi vit and im not due to have my first pre-op til march but I am terrible taking tablets ect so wanted to get into a routine of taking them every morning:D

hi i was told in fact it was listed on my pre op sheet. So i would reccomend you start them now. When you start milk you have no nutrients so need them good luck

My consultant said not to worry, and in fact i didn't start taking any sort of vitimins until about 6 weeks post op, i've since had two rounds of blood tests and dont have any problems with my vitimin levels so its not done me any harm and not affected my weight lose either - take a multivitimin if you think you must, it certainly wont do you any harm, and as others have said, may get you into the habbit of taking drugs every day.

When i chatted with the dietician at the hospital i'm hoping to have surgery at, she told me when i do the pre op diet i need to take a multi vitamin....

Lets face it, its not gonna hurt you to pop one it can only give you the benefits..... Good luck with your pre op x

Back