• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My 2018 journey

123aw

Hi there iv finished my 6 month tier 3 and have now got my refural for tier 4 and am now awaiting an appointment! Just wondering how long for an appointment for consultation?

Ninakate

Hi 123aw, you and I appear to be at a similar stage right now. 2 years ago my diabetes consultant recommended me for weight loss surgery - I had to wait 1 year to begin teir 3 (due to local funding issues) and then I completed 12 months of the “weigh forward” program in January 2018. Last week my GP wrote to L&D hospital requesting for me to be seen in their Bariatric out-patient clinic. I have seen a copy of the GP’s referral letter so I know it’s been sent. Now I’m just waiting for an appointment date and can’t help wondering how long it will take to get an appointment and after that how much longer the process will be before I will be given a date for surgery. Have you had an appointment date come through yet? :)

natnat92

Hi :) I'm currently on tier 4 at Luton I completed my tier 3 September last year .I had my mdt meeting in the December and I have a appointment to see the surgeon and anaesthetic doctor in April....hope this helps xx

Ninakate

Thanks natnat92. Did you complete tier 3 at Luton? I’ve done tier 3 locally but now I’m waiting for my first appointment at Luton as that is the closest provider to me. I’m hoping there will not be that many more hoops to jump through now xx

natnat92

Thanks natnat92. Did you complete tier 3 at Luton? I’ve done tier 3 locally but now I’m waiting for my first appointment at Luton as that is the closest provider to me. I’m hoping there will not be that many more hoops to jump through now xx

Yes I did :) I did 6 months as my bmi was over 50 xx

123aw

Hi 123aw, you and I appear to be at a similar stage right now. 2 years ago my diabetes consultant recommended me for weight loss surgery - I had to wait 1 year to begin teir 3 (due to local funding issues) and then I completed 12 months of the “weigh forward” program in January 2018. Last week my GP wrote to L&D hospital requesting for me to be seen in their Bariatric out-patient clinic. I have seen a copy of the GP’s referral letter so I know it’s been sent. Now I’m just waiting for an appointment date and can’t help wondering how long it will take to get an appointment and after that how much longer the process will be before I will be given a date for surgery. Have you had an appointment date come through yet? :)
Hi there I've had a phone call today from spire Southampton saying I have a appointment on 17th may 2018 to see the nurse dietitians and anithist and surgeon ! Not sure what to expect

123aw

Hi :) I'm currently on tier 4 at Luton I completed my tier 3 September last year .I had my mdt meeting in the December and I have a appointment to see the surgeon and anaesthetic doctor in April....hope this helps xx
Hi there I finished tier 3 in December 2017 and then my gp sent refural and I got call today to say iv got appointment at Southampton on 17 th May to see aneathitist nurse dietician and also the surgeon

natnat92

Hi there I finished tier 3 in December 2017 and then my gp sent refural and I got call today to say iv got appointment at Southampton on 17 th May to see aneathitist nurse dietician and also the surgeon
Oooo exciting :) bet you can't wait I see my surgeon for the first time at Luton hospital on the 24th April x

MattG

I'm just starting my tier 3 program. I have an appointment with the nutritionist next week and the behavioural therapist in June.
How soon after finishing the course did you go back to your doctor?

Ninakate

I'm just starting my tier 3 program. I have an appointment with the nutritionist next week and the behavioural therapist in June.

Hi @MattG welcome to the forum. I completed a year of teir 3 sessions in December 2017 and then I met with the team for an end of tier 3 review mid January 2018 and they wrote to my GP confirming I had successfully completed tier 3. My GP sent a tier 4 referral letter to Luton & Dunstable on 26th February 2018 and I am now waiting for my first tier 4 appointment date. Good luck with your journey. Nina :)

123aw

Hi there I finished on 11th December 2017 and then left it 1/2 weeks before I went back as that what I was told on my last appointment with the nutritionist then the doc done refural once they received the report back from the teir3 I have an appointment with the surgeon on 17 th may

Irene44

That’s fab news hun congratulations xx

Cocoxo

Hi there iv finished my 6 month tier 3 and have now got my refural for tier 4 and am now awaiting an appointment! Just wondering how long for an appointment for consultation?
Hiiii!.
I can’t believe your tier 3 was 6 months . Ours at st Mary’s was the whole year. My first initial approach for the op was in 2014. It’s 2018 now and I’m still not opped .

Yours seems great and on track. Good luck x

Bling Babe

I think it depends on your BMI and any Co morbidity