• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My band doesn't like beef!

LBD

Having prepared a delicious slow cooked steak and mushroom casserole today I was so looking forward to my dinner but.........two mouthfuls in and wham it was stuck. It was absolute agony and I didn't know what to do with myself. It finally cleared when I was sick.

I am still struggling with the chew chew chew rule. I am useless and am wondering if I am ever going to get the hang of this band. I am worried that I am being sick too often and that I am going to damage my band.

I am also gutted as I had been looking forward to my lovely dinner :cry:

Oh dear!

Cant really advise as I dont eat meat but Im sure eating meat is not advised early on. Could be wrong though and you know how different the advice we are given is?!

Im sure a post band meat eater will be along to advise x

Hi there,

Red meat has a tougher consistency than a lot of meats, beef being one of the toughest. Even when slow cooked and chewed really well.

I don't have it very often by choice as I have come a cropper with it too.

When I last saw my surgeon for a fill he said it was one of the meats they advise to avoid totally unless minced.

The best way to slow down with the eating and to make sure you chew well, is put the knife and fork down between each mouthful. And only take the next one when you have completed the first. Also another tip is to sort of count twenty chews (especially with meat) eventually this will just become second nature and you will find your self chewing for longer without the count.

Another tip from my surgeon, take 20 mins to eat food, it fools the brain better into thinking you are full.

\great advice Caz. :)

Back