• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band 4 weeks ago

just take it one day at a time Neen, celebrate the days when you do it 100% and don't be too hard on yourself if your circumstances mean you have an occasional blip - it took us all a long time to put this weight on and make the decision to have surgery and it will come off - at its own pace and at the speed that is right for you but this time next year you will be looking and feeling like a different person xx

Thanks everso much Ali. I have to say today is going better, I managed to have cereal this morning and like I said made myself a roll this morning and just had it, so much better. God granary bread took a while to chomp through lol...I ate one small roll and it took about half an hour. I also have my little step in here so I can plod up and down watching a nice marathon of Fat Doctor! Woot! I feel a bit more in control now, boys have been ok today (no school wednesdays) so that helps no end. Every day is different, taking each one at a time is the best way to go for sure x

Decided to carry on this as my update/diary/whatchamacallit
Well I am worried about the amount I can eat..ok its LOADS less than preop but I am so nervous with my weight loss track record! Also I cant feel my port!!! I sort of prodded the area today..expecting to find a big lumpy button..I'm sort of nervous its gone on a travel or something! But then knowing me, I am just finding new things to get my knickers in a twist about...
Boys were horrendous today and I am knackered..yes completely jiggered!!!!
Rice is really hard to chew into mush too, but I had sweet and sour chicken and rice for tea and that was lovely..yes it took me forever to eat..
Pain wise am fine , only when Ayden lands on me and I'm not ready for it, do I get pain. I havent taken painkillers for a while now.
I am doing my stepping and the wii fit which is fun and about enough at the moment. Summer holidays soon for the boys so I shall probably get more and more derranged throughout the rest of the summer...apologies in advance for that.
Has anyone else had their band op by Dr Welbourne in Taunton????
Does he let you say how tight you want the adjustment???
I want max tight to put my mind at rest I think

Off to play the sims heheh

Hi Neen, I think it is normal to worry about how much you either can or cant eat post-op - we all have our demons still from knowing exactly what we could get through before surgery. I am only 4 days post op and already finding that fluid is slipping down really easily without me feeling bloated and sick so that 'oh my god it has not worked' paranoia is already setting in. All will be fine - you are clearly losing weight slowly and safely and more importantly it is gone forever. No one said it was a race or that it would be easy and we all have to completely re-educate ourselves about our eating which in itself is no easy task, never min all the family and work stuff that is just part of life that goes with it. So dont be too hard on yourself, you are doing great girl, just keep going and if you are really concerned, give your doc a ring just to make sure all is definately ok xx

what Ali said. That woman speaks sense :) You are doing so well Neen - focus on the positive and look forward to your first fill :) xxx

Hi Neen,

I'm no help with your banding issues being a bypasser but you seem to be getting lots of good advice from the other banders on here.

Just wanted to say hello etc.

Shel

Thanks Ali and Alice, yeah I am just scared I wont ever see the end of my miles of wodge!!! Plus now I'm feeling pretty good , I feel hungry and so on...theres no point in being too worried about it till after the fill etc of course. I have been on my wii fit again and its a fun way to work out, mainly as its so much fun you forget you're excercising! I am loving the Hula Hooping and ski jumps at the mo...even the jogging though my jogging looks pathetic haha
Just decided to keep exercising and try not to fret too much as its not long til I get down to hospital for my appointment now. I hate waiting!!! This is so hard when you're an impatient wotnot like I am.
Also Thanks very much Shel, I am really happy for you that you have had the op and can now look forward to a slinky new life xx lots of love, Neen x

just keep at it Neen, all will be well, you have lost those 21lbs forever don't forget and it wont be too long before they are joined by the next 21!!

Oooh have asked hubby for a wii fit for my birthday at the end of next month :) hopefully by then I'll be under the weight limit for it!

OOhh I did not think of that - I have been thinking about getting one too! What is the weight limit. Also, my flat has very wonky floors cos it is old - not sure if it would work properly - any ideas??

You'll just need a mat underneath to steady it and even out the bumps mate . The weight limit is 150kgs/ 330lbs . i haven't got one but i'm at my mates and she has one however she has had it a few weeks now and i think the excitement has worn off .....gonna try and "borrow it " he he ! Mind you i have a Elliptical Cross Trainer in my lounge like the ones you get in Gyms....will give it 2 more weeks and i'll be on it like a shot. Ten mins a day to start and work my way up to 30/40 mins a day, however my dance classes start again in 4 weeks i do Legs bums and Tums on a Monday Night, Reebok Step on a Wednesday and Pilates on Thursday so will alternate cross trainer with classes and walking and aim to do some form of excercise every day of the week . I've been doing those classes since January and i have missed them ...i hate going ....i think of every excuse but i collect my friend on the way so i have to go but once i'm there it feels so good. Got my pedometer like the Clinic told me to get and from Monday going to start my 20 min walking a day. They say i need to work eventually up to 10,000 steps at a time over the next few weeks !!! Makes me sweat thinking about it ha ha !! But as i feel alot better weight wise ....this incentive is just the best thing for me :) .....I'm just gonna do everything my clinic tell's me and so far so good !! xx

Thanks Livvy (and sorry to hijack your thread Neen!!) You do soo much more exercise than me - I deffo need to work on that but have been told not to even think about the gym until 6 weeks post-op!! Will try and up my walking again tho - trained to do the Moonwalk last year but had to pull out with an ankle injury - I was managing 16 miles at a time then albeit slowly so 10,000 steps is a doddle - rest assured Livvy it is not far!!!

ha ha oh i feel better now, couldn't picture 10,000 steps !! i was told to wait 6 weeks for full abdominal excersise. Walking they say is fine and ten mins on a cross trainer is ok ( light setting ) but will another 4 weeks for the classes and major work outs ...just gonna listen to my body now and stop when i feel pain or any problems. Will be good for my mind too. quite looking forward to my walk Tomorrow....if its not raining ha ha !! xxx

we got a wii fit when they first came out. I love it especiall the yoga. Just one problem its known as a 19yr old and mobile camera phone.:eek:

HC

Nooooooo!!!! hehe My little one is always making movies on the digital camera...so being a short 7 year old there are one or two quick shots of my backside as he comes up to chat to me whilst filming.....holy moly! Hip height is never a flattering angle for me. (well not yet)
I did the step aerobics on the wii fit today...just before my apricot wheats!! yum!
I'm finding the progress chart and setting goals thing really useful..and its quick to get on and do it in the mornings. Not weighting myself more than once a week ,...(had roast dinner yesterday so absolutely definately not weighing this morning!!)

be brave Neen and jump on those scales - if you fear you have gained then you need to be dealing with that now hun rather than burying your head in the sand and seeing another gain the week after and so on - you don't want to go down that slippery slope after all of your hard work and you have done so well!!!! You never know, you may even suprise yourself xx

Cheers Ali, I know my weight hovvers about a bit. My clothes are all a lot looser...I put on a nightshirt that usually would hang mid thigh and it was right down to ankle length,,,my tummy was really big ..like 9 months pregnant big and my youngest is 7...so although its still big its not gi- nor - mous anymore and loads of tops are baggy. My butt is still biiiig (if you can't hide it , decorate it lol) but I seem to have slimmed down all over my back , face and thighs , waist etc so its much better.
A days menu at 5 weeks for me is
bowl of apricot wheats and milk for brekkie
tuna roll for lunch
2 sausages with a serving of chickpea and sweetpotato loaf for tea (actually nicer than it sounds)

Still wii fitting , stepping and eating small meals very slowly.
Just nervous about fill day..though I did feel my port at last lol , I was prodding an inch too low down .

lol!!! I can't feel my port yet, but I am still a bit bruised and tender in places so I have not done too much prodding!!
Great news that you can start to see and feel a difference, that gives you such a boost. Well done matey! Liking the sound of your sweet potato and chickpea loaf, sounds yummy - but then as I am still on soup, custard, yoghurt, egg custard etc anything with a bit of flavour sounds tempting!!!!

Hi Neen !! You sound so well thats great !! ooh i can't wait to eat a bowl of cereal ....mmm that crunchy texture !! Thats fab that your losing inches ...Your shrinking !!!!!!!!!!! Its a great thing to read because when weight stops we lose inches still !!! Whats the recipe for the Chickpea and Sweetpotatoe Loaf? ,,,sounds right up my street !! Yum ! xxx

Hiya!!

I was banded on june 16th so must have been about the same time as you.

How you getting on with it?

Amanda

Back