• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lesson One - Learnt

inca10012

Ok so I am 8 week post op today, as of this morning I have had no effects of the band at all. Basically it has been like no band was put in, I honestly thought it had come undone or something as I have had no effects.

Anyway I had a fill on Wednesday to 4.5cc in a 10cc and for the past few days I have been on liquids. So today arrives mushy's - I was late getting the kids ready so didn't eat breakfast, starving for dinner so just had mashed potato and because I was hungry wolfed too big spoonfuls.

Now the pain I felt was awful, like I have swallowed a brick, then loads of saliva and the feeling of wanting to be sick and hiccups. Not pleasant in the slightest and I was glad to be near a toilet. I sipped water and eventually the feeling went after 10 mins. I assume this is pbing.

So now I know A) I have a band yipeee, the operation wasn't a hallucination and B) chew chew chew, and eat s-l-o-w-l-y.

It was a big shock to be honest to eat like 'normal' for 8 weeks and then on first fill to get that feeling. I feel optimistic actually that the band will work for me, and it's a lesson well learned.

You'll also learn that sometimes water can make it worse so be careful! If the funnel is funnel your water will sit on top furthermore versus not always helping food to go down. All a learn :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back