• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My challenge to me !!

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Well on Easter Sunday I will be 50 OMG!!!!!

This time last year I was 20+ st and after alot of soul searching I told my husband I wanted a bypass. As a family we scrimped and saved and in early Sept I went private and had my op. I have now lost just over 5stone and am happy with that.:D

We all know that there's a but coming........
But I have become complacent and am not eating enough either calories or protein. I am drinking wine socially most evenings and I have of course stopped my weight loss.:(

Don't get me wrong I am not expecting you to pat me on the back for my weight loss so far or tell me it will be okay.......I know what I have to do and so here I am declaring that I'm back on track ...I intend to up my calories (sensibly)...... take in more protein.....stop drinking the wine ...and I want to be closer to my hospital target by April (13st7lb).

I'm making this post to help me get on with it!!

On my 50th birthday, which is just over 7weeks away, I want to be able to go out with my head held high having either reached target or to have it in sight. So thats 18lbs I need to shift!!

This morning I am 14st11lb and I have started with a proper breakfast of wholemeal seeded toast spread with primula and ham.....good calories and a dose of protein

I may even become a bore and post all my meals here then you can slap me if I'm going wrong!!:eek:

woohoo go sarah! youve done great so far :) its good to see that you have disciplined yourself and are going full steam ahead!! i wish you all the luck in the world mate :) you have 7 weeks to lose 18lbs, you can do that with this determination :) woop!! good luck mate :) xxx

Go girl !!!!!!

Ull do it Hun good luck n well dun so far x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Me too Sarah! Let battle commence!!! :)

you have done great so far hun and with that determination you WILL reach you goal... keep going hun xxxxxxx

You seem like you've got your head in gear, so come on girl and get back on track!! You can do it, you've done it all before!! xxx

go-for-it.jpg

i was fifty in Jan and really wished i looked lovely when my family came :) you will do it and i'm sure you are definitely thinking the right way now but the wine won't help :(

Thank you all for your lovely support and comments....today has gone really well I've had

breakfast..wholemeal toast, primula cheese & ham
mid morning ...a banana
lunch...tuna with mayo and a small salad
mid afternoon...2 small slice ham,handful raisin & dried cherry mix
dinner...half a grilled gammon steak, 12 oven cooked french fries and a sm spoon of peas
I'm planning on having a glass of milk later

I've drank 1.5 litres of water and had 2 half cups of tea

Totted up my calories about 1050 and protein about 103gs

Roll on tomorrow :D

i was fifty in Jan and really wished i looked lovely when my family came :) you will do it and i'm sure you are definitely thinking the right way now but the wine won't help :(

You look fanastic Angie and certainly dont look 50, but I know what you mean my daughter got married 2 years ago and I hate the pictures ...me mostly hiding in the background...oh well can't change the past....my youngest is taking her first holy communion in June so maybe we 'll have a huge party and take loads of piccies to make up for lost time!!

that's a lovely idea and she will look so beautiful in her communion dress too :) i'll look forward to seeing them x

I think you've done brilliantly Sarah and I'm sure you'll get to your target.

It's great to set goals and the key is making them realistic and achievable. I set both long medium and short term goals during my time. They kept me motivated and I'm sure they will you too

Thank you Karlos, Your words of encouragement are appreciated

we know we must be doing it right if Karlos approves, i often think he should be jimmy cricket on our shoulders :)

Oooh Sarah, well done for today's intake, honey ... not a sticky sausage in sight :eek: :eek: You will beat your complacency now you are aware of it ... not like you have a choice really, babe :D We are here to support you & urge you on to your 18lb loss for your birthday ... just step away from the sausages :eek: xxx

Back