• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve My event today is......

Mixman

www.bicyclemania.co.uk

A few of you know I cycle like a loony now. Well this is what I'm doing today, the 40 mile MTB one!

It's my 3rd event of the year and I feel readier than ever for this one!

Good luck and well done to you! x

Wow well done.hope it all goes to plan for you.xx

I've been relaxing this afternoon after I got back from this. Quite a tough course, some steep climbs on and off road. It was a well organised event and a great set-up when I got there. Clear check in point, good map given, road was signed ...well and 3 feed stations on the 38 mile route. I didn't stop at any as I always carry what I need.

I was one of the first to start at 10:00 prompt. Was a good start, through woods across fields etc, fast down and slow ups! Then disaster, again, just like my last, a puncture on the rear just after 6 miles!! Arrrggghhh! I had put in 'Slime' tube protection tapes but it turns out I didn't put it in right and it was this that cut the tube!! Grrrrrrrr

So changed this and loads had gone past me. So I headed off again. Caught and passed a few and passed loads that had stopped at the first feed station. I was pretty fresh still! It was only about 9 mile into the ride.

So I settled back into a rhythm always now at the back of my mind that I only had one spare tube and had taken the tube protector out. Mind games! Was my rear going down again? After a while I realised it wasn't and got on with the job.

When the organisers said there were some serious hills I did admit to scoffing a little. Hills, in N.E. Lincs? Oh yes, there are!!! BUT!! I had the new weapon. Lighter wheels!!! And boy did they work!

That's 2 of the main memories from today. Only having to get off once on a long up-hill trail BUT I had passed a few people that were walking a long way before it beat me and also passed my first people riding up steep hills! Normally, I'll admit, I've been the first to dismount and push but not this time, I passed a few people up hills as well.

The course was really really testing and good. Really enjoyed it. Bike was faultless as always, the puncture, it seems, was down to my fault.

As you can see below, I dropped a lot of time with the puncture as the only other times I stopped were to open/close gates. I matched the times of the people in the car next to me and the lads were all about 25 yrs old and had no punctures, so I would have beaten them by a long way.

These things happen and it hasn't spoiled the event. I'm really happy I have worked hard building up to this and the new wheels. Some of the hills I wouldn't have got near before!

My reward at the finish? An innertube Ah well, I needed one!

Route http://connect.garmin.com/activity/88817808

Stats

Time: 04:06:03
Distance: 37.66 mi
Elevation Gain: 3,447 ft
Calories: 2,818 C

Timing
Time: 04:06:03
Moving Time: 03:43:21
Elapsed Time: 04:06:03
Avg Speed: 9.2 mph
Avg Moving Speed: 10.1 mph
Max Speed: 37.6 mph
Avg Pace: 06:32 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace: 05:55 min/mi
Best Pace: 01:35 min/mi
SpeedPaceElevation
Elevation Gain: 3,447 ft
Elevation Loss: 3,443 ft
Min Elevation: 110 ft
Max Elevation: 518 ft

Wow well done sounds like you had a great day, cycling is a sport I miss so much.
You have been bitten

BigDave

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back